Discussion: Blofeld's appereance'sReported This is a featured thread

Showing 2 posts

Posted Anonymously
Blofeld's appereance's
Mar 16 2012, 7:39 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 16 2012, 7:39 AM EDT
in my opinion: FRWL, Thunderball and YOLT showed the classical Blofeld, first never actually seen, and not taking part in SPECTRE"S activities. and eventually being revealed at the end of YOLT, with the first impression of a mad scientist (his look, his voice the Nehru suit etc.)

in OHMSS had a bit more charming personality, but he was a bit too physical. and by that i mean: he was engaged to much in activities, like working on the diseases, chasing bond in his escape from Piz Gloria, and not having a big private army (where the henchmen on strike or something?)

in DAF Blofeld became too familiar, like bond and blofeld entering a pub, drinking together, sharing stories, and then blofeld telling his new epic plan for tomorrow which bond wil foil as predictable. no thanks! aswell as blofeld's missed opportunities, he had so many options to kill him on sight, yet he decided to let Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd take the difficult way to kill him.

as for a possible return of blofeld in a future movie (his fall trough the chimney in FYEO, was just an minor setback.) i would like to see Christopher Walken playing him. he did very well on Max Zorin, and now even has the right age to play Blofeld. and blofeld trying to provoke a triple sided conflict between China the US and Russia (the good 'ol cold war). and hopefully in classical fashion surviving the encounter with bond.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: Blofeld's appereance's
Feb 23 2013, 5:35 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 23 2013, 5:35 PM EST
I didn't like how ineffectual the Blofeld in YOLT was; I much preferred Savalas's stylish, but less over the top Blofeld because I think Blofeld should not only be smart, but also a physical threat to Bond. Not a lame cartoon. Or he should at least be around his physical equal as Fleming described him in the novels. Not some nerdy 'Dr. Evil' that sits back and is totally helpless outside of his minions like some stock villain. Also, Savalas's size matches the presence of the faceless Blofelds who themselves convey a larger man. On Her Majesty's Secret Service was very close to the novels and physical showdown between Bond and Blofeld was what Fleming had in mind.

I totally agree with you about DAF Blofeld. That movie in general is just a wreck. But I disagree with you about Christopher Walken playing Blofeld. Blofeld is not supposed to be an old man. But close to Bond's age. In the prime of his life. Walken is far past that even if he played a great villain in Max Zorin decades ago.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)