Discussion: Best Bond (although they all seem like decent spies, for film anyways)Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 post

Posted Anonymously
Best Bond (although they all seem like decent spies, for film anyways)
Feb 28 2012, 8:03 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 28 2012, 8:03 PM EST
I'd Say Bronson, because he has a good balance to play a spy. He blends in as an ordinary father-type figure but isn't someone you'd think to mess with. He has a very serious facial structure and suave nature like Connery but fits in a military position better while still grasping the sexual appeal.
But what I really think makes him such a good bond is that he's not really acting. (or "well" for that matter) That is because a good actor can change themselves to portray something that isn't even close tothe real them. But much of what we see in Bronson is the real him just as a new Role. He pulls the same vibe in every movie I've seen him in, even Mama Mia. (which was hilarious to see him singing in)
Ultimately it means he's actually a real father figure and so tuned into it in real life it is always obvious in his acting. He also seems the type to really appreciate family as the most important thing in his life. Which with "good" acting would seem different for a real spy. (Ex: Heath Ledger was amazing at the joker, and apparently did broke back mountain pretty well which are so far from his actually self and each other that it makes him a "Good" actor.
Some people Just have good character and I think all the Bonds have their own unique version even if they aren't that good at acting. I personally think if a movie had Craig and Bronson and Connery in it all as different spies at different ages (Connery being the oldest, more retired type. Bronson being the 50 year old but still determined to do good type . And Craig as as late 30s type but more like a marine than a spy and being the latest agent learning from the others, on a mission he can't do alone.
Do you find this valuable?    

Be the first to reply.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)