Discussion: Is Craig's Bond a remake or a prequel?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 2 posts
Q'sAssistant
Q'sAssistant
Is Craig's Bond a remake or a prequel?
Nov 26 2010, 7:00 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2010, 7:00 AM EST
I've been reading, on this site, that Craig's Bond is remaking the whole series; as in his Bond will be remaking older Bond movies. But from my understanding Craig's Bond is a prequel to Connery-Brosnan Bond's, technically making Bond's most recent mission, in timeline, "Die Another Day".

So which is it, a remake of the whole series or a prequel to the other Bond movies?
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None
6-stringa007
6-stringa007
1. RE: Is Craig's Bond a remake or a prequel?
Nov 26 2010, 9:44 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2010, 9:44 AM EST
"I've been reading, on this site, that Craig's Bond is remaking the whole series; as in his Bond will be remaking older Bond movies. But from my understanding Craig's Bond is a prequel to Connery-Brosnan Bond's, technically making Bond's most recent mission, in timeline, "Die Another Day".

So which is it, a remake of the whole series or a prequel to the other Bond movies?"
They aren't remaking any of the older films in the official series, next film will be Part 3 of the Craig-era storyline... although probably won't be a direct continuation like QoS was. It will be a little further into his career and he will be more laid back and less angry over Vespers death... which I'm sure will mean more conquests... :]

As for actual timeline, these 2 latest movies aren't meant to be sequels OR prequels to any of the first 20 films, it's just a new timeline/start altogether, beginning with a pre-title scene showing him getting his first 2 kills and therefore reaching 007 status.
Not a remake, just the first true adaption of the original Bond story to begin a fresher take on the series.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?