Discussion: Roger Moore's Bond at full strideReported This is a featured thread

Showing 6 posts

Posted Anonymously
Roger Moore's Bond at full stride
Aug 24 2010, 9:42 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 24 2010, 9:42 PM EDT
This is a great movie, beginning to end! I've heard some say the space stuff is cheesy, but it's only a few minutes at the end. I like the ending and the rest of the movie is the most entertaining 007 ever made. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: Roger Moore's Bond at full stride
Aug 25 2010, 2:14 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 25 2010, 2:14 AM EDT
"This is a great movie, beginning to end! I've heard some say the space stuff is cheesy, but it's only a few minutes at the end. I like the ending and the rest of the movie is the most entertaining 007 ever made."
Let me be the first to commend you on your excellent taste! MR is flat out amazing, even today.
Do you find this valuable?    
S.P.E.C.T.R.E
S.P.E.C.T.R.E
2. RE: Roger Moore's Bond at full stride
Aug 25 2010, 4:13 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 25 2010, 4:13 AM EDT
I think Moores Bond at full stride was him in The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only. Both are quality movies and in FYEO it shows his more serious side of Bond than the others he has done. Do you find this valuable?    
6-stringa007
6-stringa007
3. RE: Roger Moore's Bond at full stride
Aug 25 2010, 4:55 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 25 2010, 4:55 PM EDT
"I think Moores Bond at full stride was him in The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only. Both are quality movies and in FYEO it shows his more serious side of Bond than the others he has done."
You're right again my friend. Too bad many of the main action scenes in TMWTGG had to delve into campiness because he actually gave quite a good 007 performance during the first half of that film. But yes - TSWLM was, in his own words, his best 007 movie. FYEO was great too though and a huge improvement over MR.
Trevelyan
Trevelyan
4. RE: Roger Moore's Bond at full stride
Aug 25 2010, 5:54 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 25 2010, 5:54 PM EDT
"I think Moores Bond at full stride was him in The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only. Both are quality movies and in FYEO it shows his more serious side of Bond than the others he has done."
Agreed, those are his best two films. And they would have been back to back had it not been for everyone trying to follow on the success of Star Wars.
DaltonCraigRules
DaltonCraigRules
5. RE: Roger Moore's Bond at full stride
Sep 8 2010, 7:22 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 8 2010, 7:25 AM EDT
The first Bond in space never went as far as the first to drive an invisible car, in terms of silliness. I personally have no regrets for having enjoyed Moonraker when I was a kid. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)