Discussion: danger is my middle nameReported This is a featured thread

Showing 9 posts

Posted Anonymously
danger is my middle name
May 25 2010, 1:19 PM EDT | Post edited: May 25 2010, 1:19 PM EDT
I named my daughters middle name Danger after a James Bond qoute. Everyone is telling me it came from Austin Powers, but I know it didn't she was born in1996 which is before Austin Powers even came out. Can someone tell me if they know where I got this from, I thought it was popular and come from James Bond, but maybe I'm crazy. Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: danger is my middle name
6-stringa007
6-stringa007
1. RE: danger is my middle name
May 25 2010, 3:08 PM EDT | Post edited: May 25 2010, 3:08 PM EDT
"I named my daughters middle name Danger after a James Bond qoute. Everyone is telling me it came from Austin Powers, but I know it didn't she was born in1996 which is before Austin Powers even came out. Can someone tell me if they know where I got this from, I thought it was popular and come from James Bond, but maybe I'm crazy."
The quote "Austin Danger Powers - Danger is my middle name." Comes from either the first or second Austin Powers movie. I don't know which film - I'm more familiar with Bond!
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
00status
00status
2. RE: danger is my middle name
May 25 2010, 4:59 PM EDT | Post edited: May 25 2010, 4:59 PM EDT
It was the first Austin Powers movie, he used it at the start when he was defrosted. The guard was returning his personal belongings to him and he confirms his name as being Austin Danger Powers, Danger's my middle name. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
00status
00status
3. RE: danger is my middle name
May 25 2010, 5:49 PM EDT | Post edited: May 25 2010, 5:49 PM EDT
I've been thinking, somewhere in the cobwebs of my memory I do seem to recall Moneypenny saying to Bond " be careful James, it might be dangerous" and Bond repling, "danger's my middle name". I could be wrong and I can't remember which film it was but the quote was certainly made famous by Austin Powers. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
S.P.E.C.T.R.E
S.P.E.C.T.R.E
4. RE: danger is my middle name
May 25 2010, 6:37 PM EDT | Post edited: May 25 2010, 6:37 PM EDT
Danger is kinda a strange name for a girls middle name... idk

Yeah I dont recall it being in Bond but it may be.
Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
5. RE: danger is my middle name
May 26 2010, 10:51 AM EDT | Post edited: May 26 2010, 10:51 AM EDT
"I've been thinking, somewhere in the cobwebs of my memory I do seem to recall Moneypenny saying to Bond " be careful James, it might be dangerous" and Bond repling, "danger's my middle name". I could be wrong and I can't remember which film it was but the quote was certainly made famous by Austin Powers."
Everyone else is missing the point my daughter was born in 1996 and the first Austin Powers movie came out on May 20th 1997 so I know thats not where I got it.
I do appreciate your info because I know I got it from James Bond I just don't know which Movie. I thought it was a famous James Bond quote and I thought everyone would know, I think I live in my own world....This is not the first time I resurrected stuff no one knew what I was talking about.
Thanks again, I'm going to google it some more.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
6. RE: danger is my middle name
May 26 2010, 10:54 AM EDT | Post edited: May 26 2010, 10:54 AM EDT
"Danger is kinda a strange name for a girls middle name... idk

Yeah I dont recall it being in Bond but it may be."
Yeah I know...don't ever think of names in the later months. She hated it when she was little, but she is 13 now and she likes it.....By the way if you knew her father you would know why I named her that.

Posted Anonymously
7. RE: danger is my middle name
Jan 13 2012, 11:44 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2012, 11:44 AM EST
"Yeah I know...don't ever think of names in the later months. She hated it when she was little, but she is 13 now and she likes it.....By the way if you knew her father you would know why I named her that."
I thought it was James Bond too. However, I was wrong. It comes from the childrens book "trumpet of the swan" (1970) but was invented because, as a joke people would say things like "filling out tax returns correctly is my middle name" ...depending on what they were doing. I'm really glad she likes it. We (fiance) and I are planning on doing the same thing if we have a sun. hope to hear back from you.

Posted Anonymously
8. RE: danger is my middle name
Nov 25 2012, 6:45 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2012, 6:45 PM EST
I just came upon this post because my wife and i just named our newborn with danger as his middle name. I am quite sure that it is a bond movie...just trying to figure out which one. Glad to see someone else out there has a sense of humor about something as trivial as a middle name! Do you find this valuable?