Discussion: View on BlofeldReported This is a featured thread

Showing 8 posts

Posted Anonymously
View on Blofeld
Dec 9 2009, 1:56 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 9 2009, 1:56 PM EST
The Blofeld of the books was not bald, did not have a cat, and didn't wear Nehru suits. I think they should get an actor that could portray the menace of the literary Blofeld *(who ended up going mad from syphilis in "You Only Live Twice") not the cartoonish figure from the early films. The actor should also be older than Daniel Craig. Then again why bring Blofeld back at all? S.P.E.C.T.R.E. existed in the books beyond Fleming's writings when Blofeld's illegitimate daughter took over the organization in "For Special Services" and Tamil Rahani took over after her in "Role of Honour" and "Nobody Lives Forever". Maybe it is time to mine the many books written by John Gardner, which are filled with beautiful women, ingenious gadgets, evil villains and their henchmen, exotic locales, and other Bond mainstays. 8  out of 11 found this valuable. Do you?    
6-stringa007
6-stringa007
1. RE: View on Blofeld
Dec 9 2009, 2:03 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 9 2009, 2:03 PM EST
"The Blofeld of the books was not bald, did not have a cat, and didn't wear Nehru suits. I think they should get an actor that could portray the menace of the literary Blofeld *(who ended up going mad from syphilis in "You Only Live Twice") not the cartoonish figure from the early films. The actor should also be older than Daniel Craig. Then again why bring Blofeld back at all? S.P.E.C.T.R.E. existed in the books beyond Fleming's writings when Blofeld's illegitimate daughter took over the organization in "For Special Services" and Tamil Rahani took over after her in "Role of Honour" and "Nobody Lives Forever". Maybe it is time to mine the many books written by John Gardner, which are filled with beautiful women, ingenious gadgets, evil villains and their henchmen, exotic locales, and other Bond mainstays."
I think its time we forgot about Blofeld altogether. The Producers have already said that SPECTRE and Blofeld are finished; there's a new mysterious organisation now that could take us through another 2 or 3 films. There's still some unused Fleming titles and some unused Fleming villains. Yes, SPECTRE was great but so is QUANTUM. Lets be original, people! Original, I say!
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
S.P.E.C.T.R.E
S.P.E.C.T.R.E
2. RE: View on Blofeld
Dec 9 2009, 3:45 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 9 2009, 3:45 PM EST
"The Blofeld of the books was not bald, did not have a cat, and didn't wear Nehru suits. I think they should get an actor that could portray the menace of the literary Blofeld *(who ended up going mad from syphilis in "You Only Live Twice") not the cartoonish figure from the early films. The actor should also be older than Daniel Craig. Then again why bring Blofeld back at all? S.P.E.C.T.R.E. existed in the books beyond Fleming's writings when Blofeld's illegitimate daughter took over the organization in "For Special Services" and Tamil Rahani took over after her in "Role of Honour" and "Nobody Lives Forever". Maybe it is time to mine the many books written by John Gardner, which are filled with beautiful women, ingenious gadgets, evil villains and their henchmen, exotic locales, and other Bond mainstays."
I have to disagree with you, I rather liked the classic Blofeld in the 60'smovies of Bond. Id rather have him more like he was in the movies, maybe alittle but more action but yeah lets just stop with this whole thing and move along.
Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: View on Blofeld
Jul 15 2010, 5:41 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 15 2010, 5:41 AM EDT
Yes, I often wondered too why they haven't looked into John Gardner's characters, beautiful women, ingenious gadgets, evil villains and their henchmen, exotic locales, and other Bond mainstays like it's been stated above. I mean why, ask him to continue the bond book when they're not going to use his characters. I love Ian Fleming and his characters but I thing it's time we move along and stop looking back to the past again and again! Do you find this valuable?    
DaltonCraigRules
DaltonCraigRules
4. RE: View on Blofeld
Aug 14 2010, 5:22 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 14 2010, 5:27 AM EDT
"I think its time we forgot about Blofeld altogether. The Producers have already said that SPECTRE and Blofeld are finished; there's a new mysterious organisation now that could take us through another 2 or 3 films. There's still some unused Fleming titles and some unused Fleming villains. Yes, SPECTRE was great but so is QUANTUM. Lets be original, people! Original, I say!"
I can't agree more. And I've never seen any parody on the most recent villains. Blofeld was a rather easy pray to spoof sadly, the Austin Powers movies were just awful and pointless, like every spy parody movie (I'm glad Mike Myers' career sank). At some point, DaF was a parody itself ..
binzee
binzee
5. RE: View on Blofeld
Aug 16 2010, 5:15 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 16 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
CRAIG SAID HE IS FINISHED WITH QUANTOM AND WANTS A NEW ENEMY HE ALSO SAID HE WOULD MIND BATTILING BLOFIELD Do you find this valuable?    

alectrevelyan
6. RE: View on Blofeld
Oct 1 2010, 8:58 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2010, 8:58 PM EDT
lies.lies.lies.
I have read all three books in the blofeld series (thunderball,on her majestys secret srvice and you only live twice) and know that the syphillitic infection was actually prosthetic makeup and that he went mad in you only live twice in a fashion similar to hitler-he got drunk on power.

Posted Anonymously
7. RE: View on Blofeld
Oct 18 2011, 10:01 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 18 2011, 10:01 PM EDT
I want to see Blofeld! Seriously there is a way to work him into Quantum. Considering Craig rebooted Bond we still must be in a back story of sorts -well potentially. Two rival organisations (Quantum and SPECTRE) battling it out for supremacy with Bond and the world caught in the middle. I couldn't think of anything better! Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)