Discussion: Blofeld on film vs. booksReported This is a featured thread

Showing 5 posts

Posted Anonymously
Blofeld on film vs. books
Aug 31 2009, 10:41 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 31 2009, 10:41 AM EDT
I always found it rather funny that the Blofeld of the films never matched the menace of the Blofeld of the books. The Blofeld of the films was so gimmicky. In the books Blofeld was not bald, did not have a scar, and did not have a white cat. The franchise should return to form with the literary Blofeld. Do you find this valuable?    
Green-Arrow
Green-Arrow
1. RE: Blofeld on film vs. books
Sep 4 2009, 2:58 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 4 2009, 2:58 PM EDT
Agreed. I would love to see Fleming's version of Blofeld on the screen. Maybe throw in a reference to the white cat just as a wink to the previous films. Do you find this valuable?    
Perdogg
Perdogg
2. RE: Blofeld on film vs. books
Sep 4 2009, 3:17 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 4 2009, 3:17 PM EDT
Thank you! Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: Blofeld on film vs. books
Sep 3 2010, 9:47 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 3 2010, 9:47 AM EDT
"Agreed. I would love to see Fleming's version of Blofeld on the screen. Maybe throw in a reference to the white cat just as a wink to the previous films."
I'd really like to see the film Blofeld be like the book Blofeld....but,IT'S TIME FOR A NEW VILLIAN! The best film Blofeld was in FRWL and TB,before the silly scar.That was threatining and more like Flemings written Blofeld. You'd need a heavy actor to reprise him again,but his day is DONE( in films) lets have someone equaly as dark and faceless in the new film......no repeat charactors please!!
Do you find this valuable?    
S.P.E.C.T.R.E
S.P.E.C.T.R.E
4. RE: Blofeld on film vs. books
Sep 3 2010, 11:55 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 3 2010, 11:55 AM EDT
The blofeld of the novels is cool, I like the menacing blofeld don't get me wrong. But I like the blofeld in YOLT. The scar wasn't "silly" because you must realize this type of bond story is a fantasy Bond theme. I remember seeing blofeld for the first time in YOLT and was like O__O; ..scary. Also Telly made a awesome blofeld too. I wont mention the one in NSNA...

Now the blofeld in DAF was silly and wasnt as good as the others.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)