Location: Michael G. Wilson Talks 'Bond 23', His Favourites And More

Discussion: Not really "Bond 23" since Quantom wasn't BondReported This is a featured thread

Showing 7 posts

Posted Anonymously
Not really "Bond 23" since Quantom wasn't Bond
Jun 30 2009, 6:54 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 30 2009, 6:54 AM EDT
I think the next "Bond" movie should be called "Bond 22" since the last one had virtually nothing bond-like in it. Perhaps its time to pull the plug on the series. Perhaps the producer already has, since he seems to want to make Jason bourne movies instead of Bond movies. 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: Not really "Bond 23" since Quantom wasn't Bond
Jun 30 2009, 3:41 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 30 2009, 3:41 PM EDT
"I think the next "Bond" movie should be called "Bond 22" since the last one had virtually nothing bond-like in it. Perhaps its time to pull the plug on the series. Perhaps the producer already has, since he seems to want to make Jason bourne movies instead of Bond movies."
It's still a Bond film, just kinda different, that's all. If the Producers don't try these new things from time to time then it will get old fast. It was similar with LTK. Then GE gave us more of a classic Bond film. Bond #23 will most likely be a bit more Bond-like, at least compared to QoS. :)
Do you find this valuable?    
Dalton007
Dalton007
2. RE: Not really "Bond 23" since Quantom wasn't Bond
Jul 1 2009, 9:19 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 1 2009, 9:19 AM EDT
"It's still a Bond film, just kinda different, that's all. If the Producers don't try these new things from time to time then it will get old fast. It was similar with LTK. Then GE gave us more of a classic Bond film. Bond #23 will most likely be a bit more Bond-like, at least compared to QoS. :)"
Agreed my dear man. Well put. It will get very old and tired if you don't try something 'new'. And Quantum sure isn't no 'SPECTRE', even by today's world. Sorry, Gents. Let's debate on, shall we?

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: Not really "Bond 23" since Quantom wasn't Bond
Jul 1 2009, 5:30 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 1 2009, 5:30 PM EDT
"Agreed my dear man. Well put. It will get very old and tired if you don't try something 'new'. And Quantum sure isn't no 'SPECTRE', even by today's world. Sorry, Gents. Let's debate on, shall we?
"
I like both SPECTRE and Quantum equally in a way for different reasons. SPECTRE was chaotic and gave us some great Bond adventures (FRWL, TB) but todays Quantum are mysterious and more shadowy like the organisation throughout Mr. Flemings stories. CR, FRWL and TB are ultimately 3 of my favorite Bond films (I must mention GF as well though!) and the Bond films of today are a great throwback to the original cinematic style of Bond as well as the novels. :)
Dalton007
Dalton007
4. RE: Not really "Bond 23" since Quantom wasn't Bond
Jul 1 2009, 11:42 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 1 2009, 11:42 PM EDT
"I like both SPECTRE and Quantum equally in a way for different reasons. SPECTRE was chaotic and gave us some great Bond adventures (FRWL, TB) but todays Quantum are mysterious and more shadowy like the organisation throughout Mr. Flemings stories. CR, FRWL and TB are ultimately 3 of my favorite Bond films (I must mention GF as well though!) and the Bond films of today are a great throwback to the original cinematic style of Bond as well as the novels. :)"
Agreed. I particularly liked the meeting of the Quantum agents @ the Opera, then, suprise, Bond pops up and talks into their earpieces.That was a good touch.Hopefully we'll see more of the same in the next Bond #23.

Posted Anonymously
5. RE: Not really "Bond 23" since Quantom wasn't Bond
Jul 2 2009, 1:02 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 2 2009, 1:02 AM EDT
"Agreed. I particularly liked the meeting of the Quantum agents @ the Opera, then, suprise, Bond pops up and talks into their earpieces.That was a good touch.Hopefully we'll see more of the same in the next Bond #23."
I concur - the opera scene is probably my favorite scene in QoS (I also love the pre-credits chase). Great how Bond breaks up the meeting, and great line from White; "Well, Tosca isn't for everyone." He was smart enough to just blend in with the crowd. I see this as a classic scene from the "new" Bond films. :)

Posted Anonymously
6. RE: Not really "Bond 23" since Quantom wasn't Bond
Jul 2 2009, 6:49 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 2 2009, 6:49 PM EDT
"I concur - the opera scene is probably my favorite scene in QoS (I also love the pre-credits chase). Great how Bond breaks up the meeting, and great line from White; "Well, Tosca isn't for everyone." He was smart enough to just blend in with the crowd. I see this as a classic scene from the "new" Bond films. :)"
Absolutely my dear man.