Discussion: i had a great idea!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 84  |  Show  posts at a time
2 3 4 5 | Next
koolkikij
koolkikij
i had a great idea!
Nov 30 2008, 9:03 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 30 2008, 9:03 AM EST
has there ever been a big James Bond convention anywhere?!?! it would be so awesome if we had a convention. we could have memorabilia auctions, have special guests, we could meet some of our site friends and finally see the faces behind the usernames. it would be AWESOME! who here agrees with me? 8  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: convention (edit keyword tags)
FionaVolpe
FionaVolpe
1. RE: i had a great idea!
Dec 5 2008, 6:43 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 5 2008, 6:43 PM EST
That is a great idea. I know they have had them in Britain. I don't know about here. I would be definitely up for it. If they have Star Trek, Sci Fi, Super Hero and XFiles conventions, I don't know why there shouldn't be a James Bond one. What city? I say we pick one from a Bond Location. Las Vegas is one of the obvious, any others? 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
00seven
00seven
2. RE: i had a great idea!
Dec 6 2008, 2:09 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 6 2008, 2:09 AM EST
"has there ever been a big James Bond convention anywhere?!?! it would be so awesome if we had a convention. we could have memorabilia auctions, have special guests, we could meet some of our site friends and finally see the faces behind the usernames. it would be AWESOME! who here agrees with me? "
Hmmmm.....if anyone wants to see my face i might just put it on my avatar...no need to go to a convention to see lil ol me.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
koolkikij
koolkikij
3. RE: i had a great idea!
Dec 6 2008, 5:10 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 6 2008, 5:10 AM EST
"Hmmmm.....if anyone wants to see my face i might just put it on my avatar...no need to go to a convention to see lil ol me."
i'm sayin we could actually meet our wiki friends face to face.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
koolkikij
koolkikij
4. RE: i had a great idea!
Dec 6 2008, 5:13 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 6 2008, 5:13 AM EST
"That is a great idea. I know they have had them in Britain. I don't know about here. I would be definitely up for it. If they have Star Trek, Sci Fi, Super Hero and XFiles conventions, I don't know why there shouldn't be a James Bond one. What city? I say we pick one from a Bond Location. Las Vegas is one of the obvious, any others?"
LV is a good area. its right near the center of the US. but i think it should be more east, maybe NYC. it seems more members live on the east, plus bond went there (in the book live and let die).
beatlehead
beatlehead
5. RE: i had a great idea!
Dec 6 2008, 5:20 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 6 2008, 5:20 AM EST
"i'm sayin we could actually meet our wiki friends face to face."
Who's buying dinner??? :)
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
joshiorio
joshiorio
6. RE: i had a great idea!
Dec 6 2008, 5:36 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 6 2008, 5:36 AM EST
"LV is a good area. its right near the center of the US. but i think it should be more east, maybe NYC. it seems more members live on the east, plus bond went there (in the book live and let die). "
bond went to harlem... and then there's always miami... harlem... miami... harlem... miami...

i vote for miami
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
koolkikij
koolkikij
7. RE: i had a great idea!
Jan 20 2009, 11:41 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 20 2009, 11:41 AM EST
"bond went to harlem... and then there's always miami... harlem... miami... harlem... miami...

i vote for miami"
well, harlem is a part of NYC. so we could have it in NYC.
Do you find this valuable?    

JustinAtheropinion
8. RE: i had a great idea!
Jan 20 2009, 12:58 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 20 2009, 12:58 PM EST
"well, harlem is a part of NYC. so we could have it in NYC."
Well, since Wetpaint is HQ'd in Seattle, why not there? I'm sure Alex would agree...

Also...there are Bond Conventions in England, The International James Bond Fan Club has yearly or semi-annual luncheons at Pinewood Studios with stars, crew and pops.
koolkikij
koolkikij
9. RE: i had a great idea!
Jan 20 2009, 1:28 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 20 2009, 1:28 PM EST
"Well, since Wetpaint is HQ'd in Seattle, why not there? I'm sure Alex would agree...

Also...there are Bond Conventions in England, The International James Bond Fan Club has yearly or semi-annual luncheons at Pinewood Studios with stars, crew and pops."
but i was thinking kinda along the lines of a convention for ALL fans, not just the ones privileged enough to go to the luncheon at Pinewood. when it comes to time, maybe it could span a weekend. or even only be a day! like i said above, we'd be able to place a face to the username. the trekkies get a big convention, the comic fans get a big convention, so y not us!!! y not the fans of one of the biggest and oldest pop culture icons in history- Agent 007.
QuartermasterQ
QuartermasterQ
10. RE: i had a great idea!
Jan 20 2009, 2:02 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 20 2009, 2:02 PM EST
"but i was thinking kinda along the lines of a convention for ALL fans, not just the ones privileged enough to go to the luncheon at Pinewood. when it comes to time, maybe it could span a weekend. or even only be a day! like i said above, we'd be able to place a face to the username. the trekkies get a big convention, the comic fans get a big convention, so y not us!!! y not the fans of one of the biggest and oldest pop culture icons in history- Agent 007."
And ours wouldn't be as sad, with little pointy ears and space suits on everyone. We could simply where a bowler hat and it be considered wearing a costume lol. It would also be kinda cool if they had memorbilia there. Like the stuff they had at the Bond. James Bond Exhibit at Henry Ford.
koolkikij
koolkikij
11. RE: i had a great idea!
Jan 20 2009, 2:05 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 20 2009, 2:05 PM EST
"And ours wouldn't be as sad, with little pointy ears and space suits on everyone. We could simply where a bowler hat and it be considered wearing a costume lol. It would also be kinda cool if they had memorbilia there. Like the stuff they had at the Bond. James Bond Exhibit at Henry Ford."
agreed. cedric and i were talking over it before, and its seems that one of the few, yet largest, problems facing a convention are travel prices these days.

JustinAtheropinion
12. RE: i had a great idea!
Jan 21 2009, 3:10 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 21 2009, 3:10 PM EST
"but i was thinking kinda along the lines of a convention for ALL fans, not just the ones privileged enough to go to the luncheon at Pinewood. when it comes to time, maybe it could span a weekend. or even only be a day! like i said above, we'd be able to place a face to the username. the trekkies get a big convention, the comic fans get a big convention, so y not us!!! y not the fans of one of the biggest and oldest pop culture icons in history- Agent 007."
Obviously, it's not going to be for ALL fans--only the ones in the vicinity or the bucks to shell out to travel. And that's going to happen no matter where you stage it. Most of those IJBFC things run a weekend, you know,
koolkikij
koolkikij
13. RE: i had a great idea!
Jan 21 2009, 3:13 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 21 2009, 3:13 PM EST
"Obviously, it's not going to be for ALL fans--only the ones in the vicinity or the bucks to shell out to travel. And that's going to happen no matter where you stage it. Most of those IJBFC things run a weekend, you know,"
i'll prob come anywhere we have it. like ive been i think it would be very cool to have a bond con. that would be cool to have it for like a weekend.

JustinAtheropinion
14. RE: i had a great idea!
Jan 21 2009, 3:36 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 21 2009, 3:36 PM EST
"i'll prob come anywhere we have it. like ive been i think it would be very cool to have a bond con. that would be cool to have it for like a weekend."
If it was close to Seattle, I'd go. I'd even give Alex a ride...:D
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
koolkikij
koolkikij
15. RE: i had a great idea!
Jan 21 2009, 3:42 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 21 2009, 3:42 PM EST
"If it was close to Seattle, I'd go. I'd even give Alex a ride...:D"
lol
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
joshiorio
joshiorio
16. RE: i had a great idea!
Jan 22 2009, 2:03 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 22 2009, 2:03 AM EST
if it was close to austin, i'd go. i'd even let justin crash on my couch... :D Do you find this valuable?    
koolkikij
koolkikij
17. RE: i had a great idea!
Jan 22 2009, 8:55 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 22 2009, 8:55 AM EST
thats y if we do have one, we should have it in a big city in the middle of the country, such as St Louis, Chicago, etc. Do you find this valuable?    
venables
venables
18. RE: i had a great idea!
Jan 23 2009, 5:52 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 23 2009, 5:52 AM EST
"has there ever been a big James Bond convention anywhere?!?! it would be so awesome if we had a convention. we could have memorabilia auctions, have special guests, we could meet some of our site friends and finally see the faces behind the usernames. it would be AWESOME! who here agrees with me? "
were would it be held it would take a long time to organise i say put it to the founders of this site, see what they think ,comming from england myself,even if it was somewere in the states i would still be up for it.but it would have to be a black tie affiar of course
Cedric(006)
Cedric(006)
19. RE: i had a great idea!
Jan 23 2009, 6:13 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 23 2009, 6:13 AM EST
I think if we do it, we do it this summer. And I'm game for Chicago! Do you find this valuable?    
2 3 4 5 | Next