Discussion: great storyReported This is a featured thread

Showing 7 posts
alexberg
alexberg
great story
Nov 5 2008, 5:08 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 5 2008, 5:08 AM EST
I was pleased to hear Daniel talk this candidly about the importance of making a quality film. Bond movies have seldom been subject to major critical acclaim (and that may well continue), but I think about it on a few levels. First off, is this a quality story? Are the characters and their motivations convincing if not plausible (not counting DAD here). Second, is the film in the spirit of Bond as a character and icon? While there is some thought that Craig is too much of a Jason Bourne diversion, I like the direction he's taken the role as an actor. Each actor has to carve their own unique niche while still remaining true (or true enough) to Fleming's vision. Moore went for humor realizing he would never be Connery. Think Jacki Chan to Bruce Lee in this regard. Anyway, I'm rambling now. Let the countdown continue! 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: future of bond
spywholuvsu
spywholuvsu
1. RE: great story
Nov 5 2008, 11:56 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 5 2008, 11:56 AM EST
Great story. Good work Alexberg, I enjoy very much hearing from U.Luv,ERN. Do you find this valuable?    
purrduedvm
purrduedvm
2. RE: great story
Nov 5 2008, 2:42 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 5 2008, 2:42 PM EST
"Great story. Good work Alexberg, I enjoy very much hearing from U.Luv,ERN."
I appreciate his concern of the big picture. I haven't seen it yet, obviously, so I can't comment there but glad to hear it discussed. On the other hand, let's not get out of control here ...with CONTROL.
Do you find this valuable?    
vid
vid
3. RE: great story
Nov 5 2008, 10:48 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 5 2008, 10:48 PM EST
have you see the story about how craig thinks a black man would make a good bond after obama became prez?

heres The Link

http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertainment/film/daniel-craig-says-obamas-victory-paves-way/2008/11/06/1225561011083.html
venables
venables
4. RE: great story
Nov 6 2008, 8:01 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 6 2008, 8:01 AM EST
"I was pleased to hear Daniel talk this candidly about the importance of making a quality film. Bond movies have seldom been subject to major critical acclaim (and that may well continue), but I think about it on a few levels. First off, is this a quality story? Are the characters and their motivations convincing if not plausible (not counting DAD here). Second, is the film in the spirit of Bond as a character and icon? While there is some thought that Craig is too much of a Jason Bourne diversion, I like the direction he's taken the role as an actor. Each actor has to carve their own unique niche while still remaining true (or true enough) to Fleming's vision. Moore went for humor realizing he would never be Connery. Think Jacki Chan to Bruce Lee in this regard. Anyway, I'm rambling now. Let the countdown continue!"
do you think the future films will all be sequalls?
boothroyd
boothroyd
5. RE: great story
Nov 15 2008, 7:04 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 15 2008, 7:04 AM EST
I don't think Craig himself is a "Bourne" diversion although many of the QOS stunts were unfortunately filmed in Bourne style. Craig has just the mix of cold ruthlessness and suppressed emotion as Bond to match Fleming's original intent. I give him kudos as the best overall Bond since Connery, and probably better than even the later Connery outings. I'll be looking forward to him in Bond 23. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
6. RE: great story
Nov 16 2008, 9:06 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 16 2008, 9:06 AM EST
I quite agree with U. Mr. Craig certainly has the qualities of Fleming's Bond. As far as Bourne is concerned, he's his own man much like Bond is. So, if Jason Bourne is winking @ Bond, then it is only appropiate that the Bond producers do the same and wink back @ Bourne with their own kind of movie. After all, every time someone makes a spy-like movie, it 's always compared to 007. That in itself is a TRIBUTE 2 our hero who has been saving the world 4 many years. Don't U agree? Luv, ERN. Do you find this valuable?