Sign in or
|Supporting Cast Home | Q|
Q (which stands for "Quartermaster") is the genius inventor behind James Bond's gadgets. He runs the MI6 research and development department and supplies 007 with whatever equipment he will need for his missions. As such, he has helped Bond out in the most crucial times and his gadgets have saved Bond's life more than once.
The character was originally reffered to as 'Major Boothroyd'. That name is based off a real life person - Geoffrey Boothroyd - who was a gun expert and came up with the idea to switch Bond's Beretta to the Walther PPK. He stated to Ian Fleming: "I love everything about James Bond... except that damn gun!".
Q did not appears in Live And Let Die, and, just like Moneypenny, he did not appear in the first two films of the Daniel Craig Bond continuity films, namely Casino Royale and Quantum Of Solace. He was however reintroduced in Skyfall.
The character has been played by four actors to this day:
Notable gadgets: (more to read about them here)
- Briefcase containing : easily dismantable AR-7 .22 sniper rifle with infrared telescope, 50 Gold Sovereigns, tear gas cartridge disguised as talcum powder (set to discharge when the briefcase is opened incorrectly) and a knife - From Russia With Love
- Shoe homing device, car homing device - Goldfinger
- Breathing capsule - Thunderball
- Magnet-watch - Live And Let Die
- Wrist-gun with poisoned darts - Moonraker
- Teargas/explosive keychain - The Living Daylights
- Palmprint signature camera-gun - Licence To Kill
- Pen grenade - GoldenEye
- Emergency airbag-jacket (in case of avalanches) - The World Is Not Enough
- Virtual reality training goggles - Die Another Day
- Ultra-high frequency ring - Die Another Day
- Palmprint signature PPK/S - Skyfall
Cars and their known gadgets:
- Aston Martin DB5 - Goldfinger, Thunderball, Goldeneye, Casino Royale, Skyfall : equipped with radar tracker, revolving license plate, rear bulletproof shield, forward machine guns, smoke and oil slick sprayers, spinner hubcaps that doubled as tire slashers, and passenger ejector seat.
- Lotus Esprit S1 - The Spy Who Loved Me : cement sprayer (to blind the pursuers' windshield), submarine mode, underwater black dye slick, torpedoes, underwater mines, surface-to-air missiles.
- Aston Martin V8 Vantage Volante - The Living Daylights : radio scanner (to spy on police and military radio frequencies), wheel spinner laser, bulletproof windshield and rear windscreen, Stinger missiles and HUD, tire spikes, snowmobile skis, rocket booster, self-destruction.
- BMW Z3 - GoldenEye : self-destruction, Stinger missiles located behind the headlights, and the "usual refinements".
- BMW 750iL - Tomorrow Never Dies : remote-controlled (from Bond's cellphone), reinforced chassis, bulletproof windshield and rear windscreen, concealed compartment (fingerprint-protected safe), security system (capable of delivering electric shocks if door handles are grasped by a intruders), tear gas, missiles, caltrops dispenser, re-inflating tires, cable cutter (concealed under the BMW hood emblem).
- BMW Z8 - The World Is Not Enough : remote-controlled (from Bond's keychain), surface-to-air missiles and targetting system.
- Aston Martin V12 Vanquish - Die Another Day : remote-controlled (from Bond's keychain), adaptive camoflage (invisibility), reinforced chassis, bulletproof windshield and rear windscreen, target-seeking shotguns, missiles, tire spikes, passenger ejector seat, radial thermal imaging.
Notable other vehicles:
Latest page update: made by DaltonCraigRules
, Sep 24 2015, 3:53 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by DaltonCraigRules
175 words deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: bond girl CASINO ROYALE daniel craig gadgets james bond james bond 007 James Bond Actor james bond car james bond casino royale james bond collection james bond games james bond girl james bond movie james bond poster james bond soundtrack james bond theme song q
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|Anonymous||Favorite Q's||9||Aug 16 2014, 5:30 AM EDT by DaltonCraigRules|
Thread started: Nov 28 2009, 3:20 PM EST Watch
1.Desmond Llewelyn- Of Course
2.John Cleese- To Me He Wasn't As Good As The Legend (Desmond Llewelyn)
3.Peter Burton-I Didn't Really Remember Him As Q
2 out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?
|Anonymous||desmond||0||Oct 14 2011, 8:22 AM EDT by Anonymous|
Thread started: Oct 14 2011, 8:22 AM EDT Watch
he was the very best Q.
2 out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?
|moore4ever||Q's Quotes||7||Feb 8 2011, 11:35 AM EST by DaltonCraigRules|
Showing 3 of 8 threads for this page - view all