Sign in or
Who is the best Bond?
|James Bond Actors | Best Bond?|
May the best Bond win!!
- The first - defined Bond for a generation
- Athletic, rugged, handsome, deadpan, sex appeal - the complete package
- A tough guy, with refinement. Connery learned his lessons from Terence Young well, and made an archetypal character--smart, relaxed, smooth
- The 'Alpha Wolf', everybody else has to catch him.
- WON!the James Bond Wiki Tournament! (3 of the 4 remaining films in the Semi-Finals, were Connery's)
- This is tough. He did come back for that unofficial Bond remake of Thunderball - Never Say Never Again.
- Looked out of shape in several scenes of Diamonds are Forever
- Portrayal of Bond as a womanizer somewhat stigmatized the character.
- Was not Ian Fleming's first choice for Bond (it was Cary Grant).
- A few great one-liners
- The closing scene of On Her Majesty's Secret Service - maybe George can act!
- Faithful representation of the Bond based on the novels.
- Portrayed Bond as sensitive and emotionally charged.
- Did the action scenes and the "This Service owes her a debt" and "...those girls" scenes impeccably, but that's about it...
- Created a more dark side to Bond; Dalton followed in these steps in later years, as did Craig.
- Took on one of the hardest roles emotionally i.e. the death of Tracy, getting married, and Tracy being captured after becoming lost in an avalanche.
- One hit wonder.
- No experience, model turned actor.
- Blowing a huge opportunity by behaving like a recalcitrant tosser.
- The one-liners should be credited to the writers, not the actor.
- Not "British" enough
- He Was The Funny Bond.
- Anchored some of the series' classics such as The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only.
- Successfully updated Connery's sexual wit and innuendo without being condescending to women. Made Bond accessable to a wider audience. Can you imagine if Connery's "man talk" comments and smacking women on the bum was still par for the character?
- Portrayed Bond as a softer, wittier, aristocrat-like character. Added depth to the character.
- Roger did his best acting in bond films.
- Following Connery is no easy feat....
- Fashion: did Moore get saddled with the most depressing era of men's attire of 20th century?
- Was too old by his final Bond films - even Roger himself regretted taking part in A View To A Kill partly because he was 57 at the time.
- Some of the girls needed saving from him, eg. Either of Maud Adams characters.
- He was a member of the Royal Shakespeare Academy.
- Reinterpreted Bond as a cynical, angry character. Gave Bond an edge and a dark side.
- Attempted more of his stunts than previous actors
- His Bond set the stage for the darker, more serious Bond performances of Brosnan and Craig
- Insisted on cutting innumerable "one-liners" from scripts
- The end of the cold war and AIDS did not give a womanizing secret agent much of a chance...
- Lacked some of the compassion of other portrayals that made Bond a more three-dimensional character. Closer to Fleming's Bond, but way short on the emotional mark.
- The bad luck Bond. After about 5 different offers, Dalton finally agreed. He was slated for an additional movie, but after a 5 year lawsuit, he dropped his contract.
- The guy can wear a suit, i.e. modern sex appeal.
- Is anyone old enough to remember Remmington Steele?
- The most well-rounded Bond portrayal: Witty, charismatic, reflective of Fleming's original character, and believable ass kicker.
- Rejuvenated the series and made Bond "matter" again.
- Deep acting when he assassinates Electra King Showing Bond at his coldest.
- the most stylish bond : He is always well dressed.(Lazemby and Dalton are not totally like him.)
- Kept putting him through interminable fire-fights with automatic weapons *Yawn* (no wonder why the video games based on his Bond were highly successful)
- Some of the least believeable plots of the series (the worst being Die Another Day)
- Masculinity: Craig's brooding thug looks allow you to imagine that he's actually capable of hurting someone.
- Takes Bond away from the "pretty boy" stereotype.
- Portrays Bond as vulnerable and "human"
- First James Bond actor to win an Empire award for best actor and to be nominated for a BAFTA award for best actor in a leading role. The most critically acclaimed Bond actor to date.
- His films have avoided some of the cliches that were beginning to wear the series down by Die Another Day, eg. over-reliance on CGI, gadgetry and puns.
- Shortest Bond (required to wear shoe lifts so agent Fields was not taller than him in Quantum Of Solace)
- Not the traditional looking Bond, blonde and somewhat thuggish
Latest page update: made by xxjamesxx
, Jul 2 2011, 3:22 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by xxjamesxx
21 words added
1 word deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: best bond Best Bond? Compare daniel craig debate debate the bonds george lazenby james bond james bond 007 James Bond Actor james bond car james bond girl james bond movie james bond poster pierce brosnan rate the bonds roger moore sean connery timothy dalton who is the best
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|moore4ever||Best 007 (page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... last page)||357||Mar 25 2014, 5:10 PM EDT by Anonymous|
Thread started: Aug 16 2007, 9:18 AM EDT Watch
No doubt...Roger Moore is the true Agent 007.
Then...Craig and Dalton-They both seem equal.
Lastly...Brosnan and Lazenby
96 out of 514 found this valuable. Do you?
|Anonymous||connery man's man||2||Aug 17 2014, 11:06 AM EDT by DaltonCraigRules|
Thread started: Aug 31 2013, 3:54 PM EDT Watch
sean connery is the man's bond according to my own survey of the public. this holds true especially in the over 50 generation
Do you find this valuable?
|Anonymous||What do you think about Simon Baker as Bond?||1||Jul 25 2014, 7:23 AM EDT by DaltonCraigRules|
Thread started: Jun 2 2014, 2:26 PM EDT Watch
Simon Baker [The Mentalist] would make an awesome Bond. He's good looking in a boyishly charming way, but yet can be really scary & sinister looking as well. I'd take him over Daniel Craig any day!
0 out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?
|Anonymous||Daniel Craig is the best Bond||0||May 19 2014, 3:01 PM EDT by Anonymous|
Thread started: May 19 2014, 3:01 PM EDT Watch
Daniel Craig is the best bond ever. He is serious about his job, All play no talks.Also, I love the action sequences of his movies especially the one at the start of Quantum of Solace, it is awesome and suits Daniel's persona. I personally do not like Pierce Brosnan movies, He just seems to be out there for a vacation with his gadgets. I hope Daniel keeps working for a few more movies as James Bond. I just started watching the movies due to him.
1 out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?
Showing 1 of 1 featured threads and the last 3 of 273 threads for this page - view all