Sign in or
|Supporting Cast Home | Bio |Pics & Clips|
Q (which stands for Quartermaster), is the genius behind the weaponry and gadgets. He has helped Bond out in the most crucial of times.
- Peter Burton in Dr NoDesmond Llewelyn in Tomorrow Never DiesJohn Cleese in Die Another DayBen Whishaw in Skyfall
- Dr. No (1962)
- Desmond Llewelyn (as Major Boothroyd). To this day, he is the longest running actor who portrayed the master of gadgets. Q did not appear in Live And Let Die.
- From Russia with Love (1963)
- Goldfinger (1964)
- Thunderball (1965)
- You Only Live Twice (1967)
- On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)
- Diamonds Are Forever (1971)
- The Man with the Golden Gun (1974)
- The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
- Moonraker (1979)
- For Your Eyes Only (1981)
- Octopussy (1983)
- A View to a Kill (1985)
- The Living Daylights (1987)
- Licence to Kill (1989)
- GoldenEye (1995)
- Tomorrow Never Dies (1997)
- The World Is Not Enough (1999)
- John Cleese. The character adopted a more serious attitude towards Bond.
Just as Moneypenny, Q was absent from Casino Royale and Quantum Of Solace.
- Ben Whishaw. The youngest actor to portray Q, and the first to be younger than 007. He is introduced as a computer science genius and masterful hacker.
- Skyfall (2012)
- Skyfall (2012)
- Major Boothroyd (Desmond Llewelyn's Q)
- The real name of John Cleese's Q is unknown and will most likely stay so
- The real name of Ben Whishaw's Q is currently unknown
- Breathing capsule (Thunderball)
- Teargas/explosive keychain (The Living Daylights)
- Palmprint signature gun (License To Kill)
- Pen grenade (Goldeneye)
- Palmprint signature PPK (Skyfall)
- Aston Martin DB5 (Goldfinger, Thunderball, Goldeneye, Casino Royale, Skyfall) : equipped with radar tracker, revolving license plate, rear shield, front machine guns, oil dispenser, wheel-destroying spikes on the wheel spinners and passenger ejector seat
- Lotus Esprit S1 (The Spy Who Loved Me) : cement sprayer (to blind the pursuers' windshield), submarine mode, underwater black dye slick, torpedoes, underwater mines, surface-to-air missiles
- Lotus Turbo Esprit (For Your Eyes Only) : self-destruction
- Aston Martin V8 Vantage Volante (The Living Daylights) : radio scanner (to spy on police and military radio frequencies), wheel spinner laser, bulletproof windshield and rear windscreen, missiles and HUD, tire spikes, snowmobile skis, rocket booster, self-destruction
- BMW 750iL (Tomorrow Never Dies) : remote-controlled (from Bond's cellphone), reinforced chassis, bulletproof windshield and rear windscreen, concealed compartment (fingerprint-protected safe), security system (capable of delivering electric shocks if door handles are grasped by a intruders), tear gas, missiles, caltrops dispenser, re-inflating tires, cable cutter (in the BMW hood emblem)
- BMW Z8 (The World Is Not Enough) : remote-controlled (from Bond's keychain), surface-to-air missiles and targetting system
- Aston Martin V12 Vanquish (Die Another Day) : remote-controlled (from Bond's keychain), adaptive camoflage (invisibility mode), reinforced chassis, bulletproof windshield and rear windscreen, target-seeking shotguns, missiles, tire spikes, passenger ejector seat, radial thermal imaging
From Goldfinger: (used frequently)
Q: Now, pay attention, 007.
Bond: Ejector seat? You must be joking!
Q: I never joke about my work, 007."
Bond: Balls Q?
Q: Bolas, 007.
Q: Need I remind you, that you have
a licence to kill, not break the traffic laws.
Q: Grow up 007 !
Q: Don't touch that ! That's my lunch !
From Die Another Day:
Bond: You're cleverer than you look.
Q: Hmm... still, better than looking cleverer than you are.
Q: I'm your new quartermaster.
Bond: You must be joking.
Q: The Walther PPK/S has a nine-millimeter short. It's been coded to your palmprint so only you can fire it. Less of a random killing machine, more of a personal statement.
Bond: This isn't exactly Christmas.
Q: Were you expecting an exploding pen? We don't really go in for that sort of things anymore.
Q: I can do more damage on my laptop in my pyjamas than you can do in one year on the field.
Bond: Then what do you need me for?
Q: Every now and then a trigger has to be pulled.
Bond: Or not pulled. It's hard to know which in your pyjamas... Q?
Q: [shaking his hand] 007.
- "Q" is based off a real life person - Geoffrey Boothroyd - who was a gun expert. Geoffrey came up with the idea to switch the Beretta to a Walther PPK. He stated: "I love everything about James Bond except that damn gun!"
Latest page update: made by DaltonCraigRules
, Feb 4 2014, 10:41 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by DaltonCraigRules
29 words added
15 words deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: bond girl CASINO ROYALE daniel craig gadgets james bond james bond 007 James Bond Actor james bond car james bond casino royale james bond collection james bond games james bond girl james bond movie james bond poster james bond soundtrack james bond theme song q
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|Anonymous||nice info||0||Oct 10 2012, 12:26 AM EDT by Anonymous|
Thread started: Oct 10 2012, 12:26 AM EDT Watch
some useful buyer tips that may help you to find the perfect catamaran for you. By the time you have finished reading this article, you''re going to be better prepared for buying your catamaran<a href="http://www.cardinalyachts.in">catamaran sale</a>
0 out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?
|Anonymous||Wonderful||0||Mar 25 2012, 8:11 PM EDT by Anonymous|
Thread started: Mar 25 2012, 8:11 PM EDT Watch
This is amazing.<a href="http://jprintablecoupons.net/">jcpenney printable coupons</a> How much did it cost to make this one of a kind film ?
Do you find this valuable?
|Anonymous||desmond||0||Oct 14 2011, 8:22 AM EDT by Anonymous|
Thread started: Oct 14 2011, 8:22 AM EDT Watch
he was the very best Q.
2 out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?
Showing 3 of 10 threads for this page - view all