Sign in or
|Supporting Cast Home | Bio |Pics & Clips|
Q (which stands for Quartermaster), is the genius behind the weaponry and gadgets. He runs the MI6 research and development department. He is responsible for supplying Bond with whatever equipment he needs for his missions. As such, he has helped Bond out in the most crucial of times.
- Peter Burton in Dr NoDesmond Llewelyn in Tomorrow Never DiesJohn Cleese in Die Another DayBen Whishaw in Skyfall
- Dr. No (1962)
- Desmond Llewelyn (1914-1999), as Major Boothroyd. To this day, he is the longest-running, the most well-known and probably the most beloved actor to have portrayed the master of gadgets. His Q did not appear in Live And Let Die. He was annoyed on many occasions because of Bond's casual behaviour (especially when he played with the gadgets or came back from his mission with destroyed cars), but the two also became dear friends. It showed in Licence To Kill, where he did not hesitate to help Bond in his rogue vendetta despite M's orders. Llewelyn's character retired on screen in The World Is Not Enough. Sadly, Llewelyn died in a car crash at the time of this movie's release...
- From Russia with Love (1963)
- Goldfinger (1964)
- Thunderball (1965)
- You Only Live Twice (1967)
- On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)
- Diamonds Are Forever (1971)
- The Man with the Golden Gun (1974)
- The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
- Moonraker (1979)
- For Your Eyes Only (1981)
- Octopussy (1983)
- A View to a Kill (1985)
- The Living Daylights (1987)
- Licence to Kill (1989)
- GoldenEye (1995)
- Tomorrow Never Dies (1997)
- The World Is Not Enough (1999)
- John Cleese (born in 1939). The character adopted a more serious attitude towards Bond.
- The World Is Not Enough (1999) where he appeared for the first time as R, Boothroyd's main assistant
- Die Another Day (2002) where he was established as the new Q, Boothroyd's successor
- Everything Or Nothing (2004 video game)
Just as Moneypenny, Q was absent from Casino Royale and Quantum Of Solace.
- Ben Whishaw (born in 1980). The youngest actor to portray Q to this day, and the first to be younger than 007 as well. He is introduced as a computer science genius and masterful hacker who values brains over brawn, and intellect over Craig's Bond's more direct approaches. His youth and lack of field experience make Bond dubious when they meet for the first time, and Q in his turn considers Bond as merely "someone to pull the trigger" at first. Time will tell if their interactions will improve in the next movies.
- Skyfall (2012)
- Skyfall (2012)
- Major Boothroyd (Desmond Llewelyn's Q)
- The real name of John Cleese's Q is unknown and will most likely stay so
- The real name of Ben Whishaw's Q is currently unknown
Notable gadgets used by Bond:
- Breathing capsule (Thunderball)
- Magnet-watch (Live And Let Die)
- Wrist-gun with poisoned darts (Moonraker)
- Teargas/explosive keychain (The Living Daylights)
- Palmprint signature camera-gun (License To Kill)
- Pen grenade (Goldeneye)
- Multifunction cellphone (Tomorrow Never Dies)
- Virtual reality training goggles (Die Another Day)
- Ultra-high frequency ring (Die Another Day)
- Palmprint signature PPK (Skyfall)
Notable Cars and their known gadgets:
- Aston Martin DB5 (Goldfinger, Thunderball, Goldeneye, Casino Royale, Skyfall) : equipped with radar tracker, revolving license plate, rear shield, front machine guns, oil dispenser, wheel-destroying spikes on the wheel spinners and passenger ejector seat.
- Lotus Esprit S1 (The Spy Who Loved Me) : cement sprayer (to blind the pursuers' windshield), submarine mode, underwater black dye slick, torpedoes, underwater mines, surface-to-air missiles.
- Aston Martin V8 Vantage Volante (The Living Daylights) : radio scanner (to spy on police and military radio frequencies), wheel spinner laser, bulletproof windshield and rear windscreen, Stinger missiles and HUD, tire spikes, snowmobile skis, rocket booster, self-destruction.
- BMW Z3 (Goldeneye) : self-destruction, Stinger missiles located behind the headlights, and the "usual refinements".
- BMW 750iL (Tomorrow Never Dies) : remote-controlled (from Bond's cellphone), reinforced chassis, bulletproof windshield and rear windscreen, concealed compartment (fingerprint-protected safe), security system (capable of delivering electric shocks if door handles are grasped by a intruders), tear gas, missiles, caltrops dispenser, re-inflating tires, cable cutter (concealed under the BMW hood emblem).
- BMW Z8 (The World Is Not Enough) : remote-controlled (from Bond's keychain), surface-to-air missiles and targetting system.
- Aston Martin V12 Vanquish (Die Another Day) : remote-controlled (from Bond's keychain), adaptive camoflage (invisibility), reinforced chassis, bulletproof windshield and rear windscreen, target-seeking shotguns, missiles, tire spikes, passenger ejector seat, radial thermal imaging.
Notable other vehicles:
- Jet-pack (Thunderball)
- Underwater propulsion unit (Thunderball)
- "Little Nellie" autogyro (You only Live Twice)
- Carlson Power Boat
- Amphibious Gondola
- Acrostar Jet
- Alligator Boat
- Hot Air Balloon
- Fishing Boat
From Goldfinger: (used frequently)
Q: Now, pay attention, 007.
Bond: Ejector seat? You must be joking!
Q: I never joke about my work, 007."
Bond: Balls Q?
Q: Bolas, 007.
Q: Need I remind you, that you have
a licence to kill, not break the traffic laws.
Q: Grow up 007 !
Q: Don't touch that ! That's my lunch !
From Die Another Day:
Bond: You're cleverer than you look.
Q: Hmm... still, better than looking cleverer than you are.
Q: I'm your new quartermaster.
Bond: You must be joking.
Q: The Walther PPK/S has a nine-millimeter short. It's been coded to your palmprint so only you can fire it. Less of a random killing machine, more of a personal statement.
Bond: This isn't exactly Christmas.
Q: Were you expecting an exploding pen? We don't really go in for that sort of things anymore.
Q: I can do more damage on my laptop in my pyjamas than you can do in one year on the field.
Bond: Then what do you need me for?
Q: Every now and then a trigger has to be pulled.
Bond: Or not pulled. It's hard to know which in your pyjamas... Q?
Q: [shaking his hand] 007.
- "Q" is based off a real life person - Geoffrey Boothroyd - who was a gun expert. Geoffrey came up with the idea to switch the Beretta to a Walther PPK. He stated to Ian Fleming : "I love everything about James Bond except that damn gun!"
Latest page update: made by DaltonCraigRules
, Today, 6:52 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by DaltonCraigRules
8 words added
- complete history)
Keyword tags: bond girl CASINO ROYALE daniel craig gadgets james bond james bond 007 James Bond Actor james bond car james bond casino royale james bond collection james bond games james bond girl james bond movie james bond poster james bond soundtrack james bond theme song q
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|Anonymous||nice info||0||Oct 10 2012, 12:26 AM EDT by Anonymous|
Thread started: Oct 10 2012, 12:26 AM EDT Watch
some useful buyer tips that may help you to find the perfect catamaran for you. By the time you have finished reading this article, you''re going to be better prepared for buying your catamaran<a href="http://www.cardinalyachts.in">catamaran sale</a>
0 out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?
|Anonymous||Wonderful||0||Mar 25 2012, 8:11 PM EDT by Anonymous|
Thread started: Mar 25 2012, 8:11 PM EDT Watch
This is amazing.<a href="http://jprintablecoupons.net/">jcpenney printable coupons</a> How much did it cost to make this one of a kind film ?
Do you find this valuable?
|Anonymous||desmond||0||Oct 14 2011, 8:22 AM EDT by Anonymous|
Thread started: Oct 14 2011, 8:22 AM EDT Watch
he was the very best Q.
2 out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?
Showing 3 of 10 threads for this page - view all