Sign in or
|Other Bond Villains | Bio | Pics & Clips|
- Harold Sakata
- Basic butt kicking along with his razor sharp bowler hat of course.
How he is dispatched:
- Bond electrocutes him through Oddjob's bowler hat, which was stuck by Bond between the bars of the Fort Knox gold depository, (Sakata was electrocuted during this scene).
- Bond consistently tried to stop his master's plans by disarming the bomb in Fort Knox. Oddjob tried to stop Bond, but failed.
- "Ah! Ah!" (Goldfinger explains that though a very effective man-servant, Oddjob is mute)
- Harold Sakata was a pro wrestler and Olympic weightlifter, winning a silver medal in weightlifting for the USA in the 1948 London Games. In real life, unlike Oddjob, he was a very different person. When Harold was training for the Olympics in York, Pennsylvania, at the York Gym, he was said to walk to the gym every day barefoot in the snow, singing all the way. All statements made of Harold at the time were that he was a happy, friendly person. And later, he became a very loved family man who just happened to play out the role of Oddjob again in the pro wrestling ring. It is sad in many ways that a caring man and great champion of the Olympics had to play a villain due to his size and perhaps his race. During an interview on The Tonight Show, Connery was asked about injuries while filming Bond pictures. Connery recounted that his worst injury was running into Harold Sakata's hand while filming their fight scene. Harold would also go on to play a side kick to a hunter (Rory Calhoun) on Gilligan's Island. Calhounstated that Harold is "too soft hearted to spear a woman". Harold Sakata should be remembered as more than a heartless villian with an iron hat.
Latest page update: made by DaltonCraigRules
, Nov 14 2012, 8:01 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by DaltonCraigRules
1 word added
4 words deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: bond girl CASINO ROYALE daniel craig dr. no goldfinger harold sakata james bond james bond 007 James Bond Actor james bond car james bond casino royale james bond collection james bond games james bond girl james bond movie james bond poster james bond soundtrack james bond theme song odd-job
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|Anonymous||obbjob||0||Oct 14 2011, 1:19 PM EDT by Anonymous|
Thread started: Oct 14 2011, 1:19 PM EDT Watch
he was great in goldfinger.
1 out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?
Keyword tags: bond girl CASINO ROYALE daniel craig dr. no goldfinger harold sakata james bond james bond 007 James Bond Actor james bond car james bond casino royale james bond collection james bond games james bond girl james bond movie james bond poster james bond soundtrack james bond theme song odd-job (edit keyword tags)
|michaelbond321||what movie is oddjob from?||13||Aug 27 2011, 10:06 PM EDT by Anonymous|
|Dmeyers||A henchmen with no equal. (page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... last page)||107||Dec 26 2010, 4:03 PM EST by S3N70R|
Thread started: Jan 6 2007, 8:20 PM EST Watch
The name, the hat, the killing stylings...will any Bond villan ever exceed OddJob? I loved the marvelous send up of 'Random Task' in Austin Powers. Brilliant.
Showing 3 of 3 threads for this page