Sign in or
|Bond Films Home | Main | Cast | Pics & Clips | Fast Facts | Reviews|
- A clown (009 in disguise) gatecrashes a British embassy party in West Berlin and dies, a knife in his back... Clutched in his hand is a Fabergé egg. MI6 discovers that this priceless jewel was a clever fake, and that another is to be sold at auction. Bond pursues Prince Kamal Khan, the buyer of the egg, to India, and not only uncovers a high-class smuggling scheme, but also a plan to start WW3 involving a psychopathic Russian general who intends to set off a nuclear weapon in West Germany and blame it on the US causing total nuclear disarment and undefended borders. Help comes from a beguiling source: the mysterious Octopussy and her traveling circus.
- June 6, 1983
- Detonate a nuclear bomb on a US airforce base to cause total nuclear disarment and WW3.
Box Office Results:
- $183.7 million
- 2 hours, 12 minutes
- Walther PPK
- Walther P5 - given to Bond in India when he'd "mislaid" his PPK. Interestingly, the same pistol was used by Connery's Bond in Never Say Never Again the same year.
- Acrostar Mini Jet
- Homer Seiko Watch
- Miniature tracking and listening device
- Fountain pen containing metal corroding acid and an earpiece
- Richard Maibaum
- George MacDonald
- Michael G. Wilson
- All Time High
Title Song Artist:
- Rita Coolidge
- Roger Moore as James Bond
- Kabir Bedi as Gobinda
- Indian tiger hunters with elephants
- David Meyer as Mischka and Anthony Meyer as Grischka, the twin knife throwers
- Indian thugs, including the yo-yo buzzsaw killer
- Russian troops
- Troops from a South-American country (pre-title sequence)
- Walter Gotell as General Anatol Gogol
- Geoffrey Keen as Sir Frederick Gray
- Robert Brown as M
- Desmond Llewelyn as Q
- Lois Maxwell as Miss Moneypenny
- Vijay Amritraj as Vijay
- Unidentified South American republic (with English road signs); Checkpoint Charlie, East Berlin, Germany; London, UK; Moscow, Russia; Udaipur, India; West Berlin, Germany; Feldstadt, Germany.
- Vijay: "Is he still there?"
Q: "You must be joking. 007 on an island populated exclusively by women? We won't see him 'til dawn."Bond... James Bond": Before sitting down to play Kamal Khan at backgammon.
Best Mistake :
- At Octopussy's palace, Bond and an opponent fall into the water and are immediately attacked by crocodiles. But earlier, Kamal's men swam to the palace unmolested.
- Maud Adams (Octopussy) also appeared in a main role (as Andrea Anders) in The Man With The Golden Gun.
Vital Statistics: (According to MI6-HQ.com)
- Conquests: 2
- Martinis: 1
- Kills: 14
- "Bond, James Bond": 1
- The movie shares it's name with the bond girl
- This is the first film to have Robert Brown playing M.
- Moore was contracted for 5 movies ending with For Your Eyes Only with another one as a option. He reluctantly returned in Octopussy because the producers wanted a more established Bond actor to go up against Never Say Never Again, which stared Sean Connery.
Latest page update: made by DaltonCraigRules
, Jul 27 2015, 9:58 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by DaltonCraigRules
1 word added
4 words deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: bond girl CASINO ROYALE daniel craig james bond james bond 007 James Bond Actor james bond car james bond casino royale james bond collection james bond games james bond girl james bond movie james bond poster james bond soundtrack james bond theme song octopussy roger moore
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.