Sign in or
|Bond Girls Home | Bio | Pics & Clips|
- Britt Ekland
Who she is:
- Goodnight is an MI6 staffer assigned to Hong Kong, ordered by M to assist Bond in any way necessary in retrieving the Solex Agitator from Scaramanga. She is notable for having a bad luck streak throughout the film, going through everything from blocking Bond's car in his arrival to Hong Kong to being tossed in a closet to being thrown inside the trunk of Scaramanga's AMC Matador when merely trying to put a tracker in it!
How she and Bond meet:
- She pulls her car in front of Bond's taxi as he's trying to pursue Andrea Anders after she left the casino with the Golden Bullets.
Goodnight: "James, I thought this would never happen."
Bond: "What made you change your mind?"
Goodnight: "I'm weak."
Bond: "Now, Goodnight, would I do that to you after 2 years?"
Goodnight: "Yes, you bloody well would!"
How she helps save the day:
- She hides inside Scaramanga's Flying Matador trunk and leads Bond to his secret private island.
- She sets off the chain reaction leading to the destruction of Scaramanga's island by throwing Kra into the cooling mechanism of the solar power plant running his home.
- While a prisoner on Scaramanga's island, Goodnight wears a bikini throughout her ordeal there.
- Britt Ekland is one of two Bond Girls to actually be married to an actor who played Bond, though in her case she is notable for her marriage to semi-Bond Peter Sellers from the 1967 Casino Royale. (the only other actress is Cassandra Harris, Lisl von Schlaf from For Your Eyes Only, who was married to official Bond Pierce Brosnan)
- Ekland had desired being Goodnight after reading the original novel of Golden Gun assuming she would be the exact same as the novel version without knowing of the changes that were made to her character for the film.
- In the books Goodnight was Bond's secretary before being relocated.
Bond Appeal: 5.5/10
Latest page update: made by DaltonCraigRules
, Oct 9 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by DaltonCraigRules
- complete history)
Keyword tags: bikini girl Bond girl Britt Ekland James Bond Mary Goodnight Roger Moore Scaramanga The Man with the Golden Gun
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|Anonymous||goodnight||0||Jan 17 2012, 12:53 AM EST by Anonymous|
|Anonymous||goodnight||0||Jan 14 2011, 8:45 PM EST by Anonymous|
Thread started: Jan 14 2011, 8:45 PM EST Watch
She had to be one of the most dumbest, most annoying Bond girls ever. And one thing I think is unfair is that Andrea Anders who was actually and interesting character was a love slave, got smacked around gets kill; Goodnight on the other hand should have bitten the dust.
3 out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?
|Wadsy||Terrible bond girl||3||Sep 26 2010, 5:41 AM EDT by DaltonCraigRules|
Thread started: Jun 24 2010, 1:41 AM EDT Watch
One of my very least favorite Bond girls, period. She may look good but she's what we call a dumb blonde, and why did Bond get with her?
3 out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?
Showing 3 of 4 threads for this page - view all