Sign in or
|Supporting Cast Home | Bio | Pics & Clips|
- "M" is a code letter for the head of the British Secret Intelligence Service, also known as MI6.
- The title "M" is believed to have been created by Ian Fleming from the first real-life head of Her Majesty's Secret Service, Mansfield Smith-Cumming, who used his initial "C" to indicate when he had signed a paper. Other influences on the character include Admiral John Godfrey, Fleming's superior in British Naval Intelligence during World War II. The "M" might also be an abbreviation for Minister, refering to the title of the MI6 head. In Ian Fleming's last novel, The Man with the Golden Gun, it was revealed that M's real name is Vice Admiral Sir Miles Messervy KCMG.
- Every Bond movie except For Your Eyes Only, where it was stated that M was on 'holiday'.
| Bernard Lee- Sir Admiral Miles Messervy |
| Robert Brown- Admiral Marian Hargreaves |
| Dame Judi Dench- Barbara Mawdsley/Olivia Mansfield |
|Ralph Fiennes- Gareth Mallory|
| Edward Fox || |
- In Fleming's novel "On Her Majesty's Secret Service", it is revealed that M's salary as head of the Secret Service was 5000 pounds a year (that was considered a lot of money in the early 60's) and an additional 1500 pounds as his naval pay (as a retired "Vice Admiral")
- The first M's home was called "Quarterdeck," and could be seen in On Her Majesty's Secret Service
- In Casino Royale, it is revealed that "M" is also the first letter of the current M's name. Her home is an apartment is in London, which she shares with her husband.
Latest page update: made by Cameron007
, Mar 2 2013, 10:53 AM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by Cameron007
17 words added
10 words deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: bond girl CASINO ROYALE daniel craig james bond james bond 007 James Bond Actor james bond car james bond casino royale james bond collection james bond games james bond girl james bond movie james bond poster james bond soundtrack james bond theme song m
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|AdamItachiHooley||adam itachi bond||0||Apr 14 2013, 3:27 AM EDT by AdamItachiHooley|
Thread started: Apr 14 2013, 3:27 AM EDT Watch
Do you find this valuable?
|Anonymous||office London||0||Dec 5 2012, 12:55 AM EST by Anonymous|
Thread started: Dec 5 2012, 12:55 AM EST Watch
Daniel craig in the london head of secrot intellince service port of authory building in town hill
Do you find this valuable?
|moore4ever||Fav Quote from M||2||Oct 30 2012, 6:20 PM EDT by DaltonCraigRules|
Thread started: Dec 4 2010, 6:39 PM EST Watch
Figured I'd try somthing new, rather than just use Bond's quotes.
62 Happens to be 3 am, when do you sleep 007?
63 Thank Miss. Moneypenny thats all, thats all.
64 She' is me Miss. Moneypenny, 007 is dining with me tonight.
65 Well now THAT we're all here!
67 Tell him to come below and report.
69 This department is not concerned with your personal problems.
71 There is no year for sherry, 007
73 (M's spoon latchs onto Bond's magnetic watch) Good God.
74 Oh shut Q, Q shut up.
77 Well done James.
79 (Bond's dart hits the picture in the office) Oh Thank You!
83 Remember 007, your on your own.
85 You have 35 mins to get properly dressed 007.
87 Oh Blast!
89 God help you Commander!
95 You don't like Bond, you don't like my methods, you think I'm an accountant, a bean counter more interested in my numbers than your instincts.
97 (Captain asks "hell is he doing") His job!
99 Remember 007, shadows always remain in front or behind, never on top.
2002 Well, it seems you've become useful again.
2006 Who the hell do they think they are? I report to the Prime Minister and even he's smart enough not to ask me what we do. Have you ever seen such a bunch of self-righteous, ass-covering prigs? They don't care what we do; they care what we get photographed doing. And how the hell could Bond be so stupid? I give him double-O status and he celebrates by shooting up an embassy. Is the man deranged? And where the hell is he? In the old days if an agent did something that embarrassing he'd have a good sense to defect. Christ, I miss the Cold War.
2008 Bond....I need you back
Showing 3 of 8 threads for this page - view all