Sign in or
|Supporting Cast Home | M Home|
- M is a code letter for the head of the British Secret Intelligence Service, also known as MI6. In short, M is James Bond's boss.
- The title "M" is believed to have been created by Ian Fleming from the first real-life head of Her Majesty's Secret Service, Mansfield Smith-Cumming, who used his initial "C" to indicate when he had signed a paper.
- Other influences on the character include Admiral John Godfrey, Fleming's superior in the British Naval Intelligence during World War 2.
- The "M" might also be an abbreviation for Minister, refering to the title of the MI6 head.
- In the last novel written by Ian Fleming, The Man With The Golden Gun, it was revealed that M's real name is Vice Admiral Sir Miles Messervy, KCMG.
The character has been played by four actors in the Eon film series to this day:
- In Ian Fleming's novel On Her Majesty's Secret Service, it is revealed that M's salary as head of the Secret Service was 5000 pounds a year (that was considered a lot of money in the early 60's) and an additional 1500 pounds as his naval pay (as a retired "Vice Admiral")
- The first M's home was called "Quarterdeck," and could be seen in On Her Majesty's Secret Service.
Latest page update: made by DaltonCraigRules
, Nov 15 2015, 6:32 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by DaltonCraigRules
6 words added
35 words deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: bond girl CASINO ROYALE daniel craig james bond james bond 007 James Bond Actor james bond car james bond casino royale james bond collection james bond games james bond girl james bond movie james bond poster james bond soundtrack james bond theme song m
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.