Goldfinger (radio drama)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Radio Dramas Home|
The second BBC Radio 4 radio play adapted from a Ian Fleming novel to star Toby Stephens as James Bond, Goldfinger was brodcast in 2010. It was dramatized by Archie Scottney, produced by Rosalind Ayres and directed by Martin Jarvis, with an original music by Mark Holden and Sam Barbour.
- Auric Goldfinger is not only a cheat at canasta and golf, he's also an international criminal on a massive scale. His obsession? Gold. James Bond is charged by the Bank of England and MI5 to discover what Goldfinger is actually doing with his vast hoards of gold. Is he somehow connected with SMERSH - the feared Soviet spy-killing organisation? When 007 becomes an undercover member of Goldfinger's team he soon learns that the madman's plans are more grandiose than even M could possibly have imagined. Amazingly, robbing Fort Knox is on the agenda - and mass murder too...
- Toby Stephens as James Bond
- Sir Ian McKellen as Auric Goldfinger
- Rosamund Pike as Pussy_Galore
- John Standing as M
- Ian Ogilvy as Colonel Smithers
- Lisa Dillon as Tilly Masterton
- Tim Pigott-Smith as Johnny Solo
- Tom Hollander as Mr. Strap
- Henry Goodman as Du Pont
- Alistair McGowan as Hwker
- Hector Elizondo as Helmut Springer
- Lloyd Owen as Felix Leiter
- Nigel Anthony as Jed Midnight
- Anna Louise Plowman as Jill Masterton
- Jon David Yu as Oddjob
- Alan Shearman as Alfred
- Matthew Wolf as Nigel
- Martin Jarvis as Ian Fleming
- Kyle Stoller as Doctors & Pilot
- Tracy Patti as Nurse
- Rosamund Pike previously played Miranda Frost in Die Another Day alongside her co-star Toby Stephens, who played Gustav Graves.
- Tim Pigott-Smith played the British Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs in Quantum Of Solace.