Sign in or
- Octopussy (1983)
Attempted methods of killing Bond:
- Shooting him
- Blowing him up with an atom bomb
How he is dispatched:
- Killed by East German border guards, pursuing Bond onto Octopussy's train.
- Steals Faberge eggs from Russian depositories and replaces them with fakes
- Allies with jewel smuggler Kamal Khan to sell the rare eggs to finance scheme to set off a nuclear device on a West German Air Force base
- Nuclear "accident" would lead to West/East disarmament, after which Orlov would take advantage of Soviet military superiority by invading Europe, anticipating limited resistance from NATO forces
How plans were foiled: Bond reaches Octopussy's circus train transporting the bomb into West Germany, and Orlov, in pursuit attempting to stop Bond, is shot by border guards at the command of General Gogol, thinking him a defector. Ironic, no?
Henchman: potentially the whole flippin' Russian army!
Orlov: General Gogol is presumptuous. He speaks for himself and others who cling to timid, outdated, and unrealistic policies. Must I remind you, the committee, of our overwhelming superiority over NATO forces before we give it away?
In East Germany under my direct command I have 31 divisions including 11 tank divisions and another 5 in Czechoslovakia. In support, on the Russian western border are 60 divisions, including 22 tank divisions; in all, a 10 to 1 advantage. American and West German forces can field, at most, 10 armored divisions. The British maintain only a token force.
We have played out a variety of attack strategies on the Kutszov computer and find that a lightning thrust by 10 armored divisions from the north and 5 more through Czechoslovakia lead to total victory in 5 days against any possible defense scenario !
Bond: Europe will insist on disarmament, leaving every border undefended for you to walk across at will. And I suppose it doesn't matter a damn to you that thousands of innocent people will die in this little "accident" of yours?
Orlov: Better than letting a handful of old men in Moscow bargain away our advantage in disarmament talks! diet pills
Famous last words: Yes, but tomorrow I will be a hero of the Soviet Union.
Latest page update: made by DaltonCraigRules
, Oct 7 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by DaltonCraigRules
16 words deleted
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.