Sign in or
|Main | Other Bond Films | Fast Facts | Pics & Clips | Video Game |Goldeneye:Source ||
- World security is imperilled when an international terrorist organization calling itself Janus, steals a classified top secret Russian satelite EMP first strike weapon system called GoldenEye and threatens to use it to to destroy a major city unless paid off. Bond's mission is to recover the GoldenEye - no easy task, for he is faced by an array of utterly ruthless foes: beautiful but sadistic assassin Xenia Zaragevna Onatopp, treacherous General Arkady Grigorovich Ourumov, obsessive computer expert Boris Grishenko, and most devious of all, Bond's former MI6 colleague and friend, Alec Trevelyan (006).
- November 13, 1995
- The economic destruction of London and most of the Western free world in retaliation for the betrayal of the lead villain's parents.
Box Office Results:
- $350.7 million
- 2 hours, 5 minutes
- Grapple/Laser Gun
- Laser-Equipped Omega Watch with Bomb Detonator Function
- Explosive Parker Jotter Pen Class 4 Grenade
- Belt Piton and Cable
- The GoldenEye
- Walther PPK
- Browning Hi-Power (used by Alec Trevelyan while still a "00")
- Aston Martin DB5
- Ferrari F355 GTS Targa
- BMW Z3
- EuroCopter Tiger Helicopter
- Russian Missile Train
- Cessna 172
- Martin Campbell
- Jeffrey Caine
- Bruce Feirstein
Title Song Artist:
- Tina Turner
- Pierce Brosnan as James Bond
- Sean Bean as Alec Trevelyan (Agent 006)
- Famke Janssen as Xenia Zaragevna Onatopp
- Gottfried John as General Arkady Grigorovich Ourumov
- Alan Cumming as Boris Grishenko
- Izabella Scorupco as Natalya Fyodorovna Simonova
- Serena Gordon as Caroline
- Tcheky Karyo as Defence Minister Dimitri Mishkin
- Michael Kitchen as Bill Tanner
- Judi Dench as M
- Desmond Llewelyn as Q
- Samantha Bond as Miss Moneypenny
- Joe Don Baker as Jack Wade
- Robbie Coltrane as Valentin Dimitrovich Zukovsky
- Arkhangel Chemical Weapons Facility, USSR; Monte Carlo, Monaco; French Riviera, France; Severnaya, Russia; London, UK; St Petersburg, Russia; Arecibo, Puerto Rico; Cuba.
Bond : Beg your pardon, forgot to knock !
Bond - It's too easy.
Alec - Half of everything is luck, James.
Bond - And the other half?
Alec - Fate.
Alec - Closing time, James. Last call.
Bond - Buy me a pint !
Ourumov - This is Colonel Ourumov. Come out with your hands up.
Bond - How original.
Shut the door, Alec. There's a draught !
Ourumov : You can't win !
Caroline: "I enjoy a spirited ride as much as the next girl.....Who's that?"
Bond: "The next girl."
Xenia: "I hope the third is where your real talent lies."
Bond: "One rises to meet a challenge."
M - I think you're a sexist, misogynist dinosaur, a relic of the Cold War, whose boyish charms, though wasted on me, obviously appealed to that young woman I sent out to evaluate you.
Xenia: "This time, Mr. Bond, the pleasure will be all mine..."
Bond: "She always did enjoy a good squeeze."
Alec: "For England James?"
Bond ''No. For me."
Boris : Yes, I am invincible !
- The color of Bond's bungee rope in the opening sequence changes.
- The first film of the Pierce Brosnan era and the amazing tank chase in St. Petersburg.
Vital Statistics (According to mi6.co.uk)
- Conquests: 2
- Martinis: 1
- Kills: 12
- "Bond, James Bond": 1
- If you look closely or if you have alreadly noticed, the DB5 that Brosnan drove in Goldenye had a different licence plate then the one used in Goldfinger, Thunderball. In Goldeneye the licence plate read BMT 216A, while in Goldinger and Thunderball it read BMT 214A.
- This is the last Bond film to be produced by Albert R. Broccoli.
- First film to star Pierce Brosnan playing Bond.
- First James Bond film not to have Maurice Binder creating the titles.
- Pierce Brosnan was the ideal choice for Bond before Dalton, but contract troubles with Brosnan's hit show "Remmington Steele" kept him for taking up the role.
- The actual T-55 Tank in the opening Chase scene is on display at the Bond Museum in Keswick along with the Russian General's car.
MI6 Agents 007 (James Bond) and 006 (Alec Trevelyan) infiltrate an illicit Soviet chemical weapons facility at Arkhangel and plant explosive charges. Trevelyan is captured and apparently shot dead by Colonel Arkady Grigorovich Ourumov, but Bond steals an airplane and escapes the exploding facility.
Nine years later, Bond arrives in Monte Carlo to follow Xenia Zaragevna Onatopp, a suspected member of the Janus crime syndicate, who has formed a suspicious relationship with a Canadian Navy admiral. She murders the admiral to allow Ourumov (now a General) to steal his identity. The next day, they steal a prototype French EuroCopter Tiger helicopter which is immune to damage from Electro-Magnetic Pulses which would normally destroy any electronic equipment, flying it to the classified Russian Space Weapons Control Center in Severnaya, where they massacre the staff and steal the control disk for the GoldenEye satellite weapon. The two program the first GoldenEye satelite Petya to destroy the complex with an Electro-Magnetic Pulse and escape with traitor computer expert Boris Grishenko. Natalya Fyodorovna Simonova, the lone survivor, manages to climb out of the crippled facility using a collapsed gantry which falls through the ceiling of the control center, and is subsequently spotted by Bond in MI6 headquarters using a digital read-out from their orbiting satelite's Thermal Imaging Sensors.
In London M assigns Bond to investigate the attack, and he flies to St. Petersburg to meet CIA agent Jack Wade, who suggests he meet Valentin Zukovsky , a Russian Mafia head and business rival of Janus. After Bond gives him a tip on a potential heist, Zukovsky arranges a meeting between Bond and Janus, who reveals himself as Trevelyan. A Lienz Cossack, Trevelyan faked his death, having vowed revenge against Britain for their involvement in his parents' deaths. He ties Bond up with Simonova in the Tiger helicopter programmed to self-destruct, which the two escape using its ejection system. They are immediately arrested by the Russian police and interrogated by the Minister of Defence, Dmitri Mishkin. Just as Simonova reveals the existence of a second satellite and Ourumov's involvement in the massacre at Severnaya, Ourumov bursts into the room, shooting Mishkin and dragging Simonova into a car. Bond steals a T-80 tank and audaciously pursues Ourumov through St. Petersburg to Janus' train, where he kills Ourumov as Trevelyan escapes, locking Bond in the train with Simonova. As the train's self-destruct countdown begins, Bond slices through the floor with his laser watch while Simonova locates Grishenko's satellite dish in Cuba. The two escape just before the train explodes.
In Cuba, Bond and Simonova fly a plane over the jungle before they are shot down. As they stumble out of it, Onatopp rappels down from a helicopter and tries to kill Bond, who resists and kills her. Minutes later, he and Simonova watch a lake being drained of its water, uncovering the dish. They infiltrate the control station, where Bond is captured by Trevelyan, who reveals his plan of stealing money from the Bank of England before destroying it with the remaining GoldenEye, concealing the theft and destroying Britain's economy.
Meanwhile, Simonova programs the satellite to initi ateatmospheric reentry and destroy itself. As Trevelyan captures Simonova and orders Grishenko to save the satellite, Bond triggers an explosion with his Parker Jotter pen grenade and escapes to the antenna cradle. Bond sabotages the antenna, preventing Grishenko from regaining control of the satellite, before turning and facing Trevelyan. Bond shoves Trevelyan off the antenna and into the dish before escaping aboard a helicopter commandeered by Simonova. The cradle collapses, crushing Trevelyan and rupturing liquid nitrogen tanks that freeze Grishenko. Meanwhile on the surface, while solacing each other, Bond and Simonova are rescued by Wade and his platoon of U.S. Marines.
Latest page update: made by DaltonCraigRules
, Nov 16 2012, 5:58 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by DaltonCraigRules
27 words deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: goldeneye james bond james bond 007 James Bond Actor james bond collection james bond movie pierce brosnan
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|Anonymous||Aston Martin plate||0||Apr 27 2013, 4:57 PM EDT by Anonymous|
Thread started: Apr 27 2013, 4:57 PM EDT Watch
* If you look closely or if you have alreadly noticed, the DB5 that Brosnan drove in Goldenye had a different licence plate then the one used in Goldfinger, Thunderball. In Goldeneye the licence plate read BMT 216A, while in Goldinger and Thunderball it read BMT 214A."
This is not true.
|goldengun891||Goldeneye||0||Feb 19 2013, 2:35 PM EST by goldengun891|
Thread started: Feb 19 2013, 2:35 PM EST Watch
This is one of Pierce 's bond movies where he was more realistic. He didn't have any unrealistic gadgets like h e did for example: the invisible car from die another day.
1 out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?
|Anonymous||Microsoft Windows 7||1||Sep 23 2012, 9:14 PM EDT by Anonymous|
Thread started: Jun 11 2011, 1:06 AM EDT Watch
Today my comments will focus on Microsoft's basic <a href="http://software-stocks.com/office-
2007.html"><strong>Office 2007</strong></a> makes life great!
The correct balance between innovation and privacy protection can achieve. To achieve this goal, baseline privacy
legislation applicable to flexible, departments and technical neutral. It can be set in the current regulatory
framework and the operation should add elements exist without spruce <a href="http://software-stocks.com/office-
2010.html"><strong>Office 2010</strong></a> –save your time and save your money.
Implementation technology - and business practices. Get the perfect balance will also need to
cooperate closely industry, <a href="http://software-stocks.com/windows-7.html">Microsoft Windows 7</a> is
welcomed by the whole world.
0 out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?
Showing 3 of 19 threads for this page - view all