From Russia With Love (radio drama)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Radio Dramas Home|
From Russia With Love is the third BBC Radio 4 radio play adapted from a Ian Fleming novel to star Toby Stephens as James Bond. It was dramatized by Archie Scottney, produced by Rosalind Ayres, directed by Martin Jarvis, with an original music by Mark Holden and Samuel Lopez, and broadcast in 2012 in a 90 minutes program.
- Colonel Rosa Klebb of the KGB devises a plan to lure Bond into a trap, using beautiful Corporal Tatiana Romanova as bait - plus a Spektor, the latest Russian decoding device. MI6 learns that Tatiana wants to defect and M orders Bond to Istanbul. When Tatiana makes contact she seems to be in love with him - but is she? Either way, he soon falls for her and they leave Istanbul together, accompanied by larger-than-life Kerim Bey, head of British Intelligence in Turkey. Unsure of his judgement, can 007 bring the lovely Tatiana safely to England, along with the precious Spektor? Will the Russians succeed in having Bond killed? If so, who is the would-be murderer?
- Toby Stephens as James Bond
- Olga Fedori as Tatiana Romanova
- Eileen Atkins as Rosa Klebb
- Nathaniel Parker as Nash / Red Grant
- Tim Pigott-Smith as Kerim
- Mark Gatiss as Kronsteen
- John Standing as M
- Janie Dee as Moneypenny
- Julian Sands as Q
- John Sessions as General / Rene