Who he is:
- A CIA agent who acts as Bond's primary American liaison through several films.
- If US interests are concerned in a Bond movie, chances are high Leiter will be working on the case and will show up to brief Bond about his informations and point of view on the situation.
|Jack Lord (1920-1998)|
- John Joseph Patrick Ryan, better known by his stage name "Jack Lord", was an American actor, the first to portray Leiter.
- He later became well known as Steve McGarrett on the hit TV show Hawaii Five-O.
- Alledgedly, Lord's demand for equal billing to Connery and a higher salary influenced the decision to recast the character.
|Cec Linder (1921-1992)|
- Cec Linder was a Canadian actor of Polish descent famous for playing American characters in various films and television shows.
|Rik Van Nutter (1929-2005)|
- Rik Van Nutter was an American actor who appeared in a lot of Italian films. He was married to Anita Ekberg from 1963 until 1975.
|Norman Burton (1923-2003)|
- A graduate of the Actors Studio, this veteran character actor also appeared in Escape from the Planet of the Apes, Fuzz, Save the Tiger, and The Towering Inferno, as well as countless television shows.
|David Hedison (born in 1927)|
- Prior to the Bond films, Hedison's biggest roles were in the original The Fly film and as Lee Crane on television's Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.
- He is (so far) one of the two "Leiters" to have appeared in more than one movie (the other being Jeffrey Wright).
- Felix's role in Licence To Kill is central to the plot : he is shown to be Bond's best friend, and Bond is his Best Man at his wedding with Della Churchill. On the wedding day, Bond helps Leiter and the DEA arrest the most powerful drug lord in the Americas, Franz Sanchez.
- Leiter's maiming at the hands of Sanchez and the murder of Della on their honeymoon trigger Bond's quest for vengeance. Bond finishes off Sanchez with his groomsman's gift, a Della and Felix 'lighter'.
|John Terry (born in 1950)|
- John Terry has appeared in Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket, in David Fincher's Zodiac, on TV mini-series Into the West, as well as recurring roles in Lost (in which he played Dr. Christian Shephard) and 24.
|Leiter didn't appear in the Brosnan movies. However, another American agent had a similar role to his in two movies, GoldenEye and Tomorrow Never Dies : Jack Wade (Joe Don Baker). Presumably, this was done to avoid dealing with having to explain the events of the shark attack on Leiter and his subsequent amputation in Licence To Kill. Leiter returned in the continuity reboot that is Casino Royale.|
|Jeffrey Wright (born in 1965)|
- Jeffrey Wright's first film role was in Presumed Innocent. He won a Tony and Emmy Award for his role in Angels in America, starred in Basquiat, as well as roles in the 2000 remake of Shaft, The Manchurian Candidate, Broken Flowers, Syriana, and Lady in the Water.
- He introduces himself to Bond as "a brother from Langley", a reference to his CIA background.
- The character did not reappear in Skyfall.
- Although he doesn't appear in the film, Bond advises Lucia Sciarra to go to the American embassy to meet Leiter for protection in Spectre.
'Unofficial' Felix Leiters:
- "You Limeys can be pretty touchy about trespassing." - Dr. No
- "You should have faith. As long as you keep your head about you, I think you have him." - Casino Royale