Sign in or
Appears as James Bond in:
Daniel Wroughton Craig was born 2 March 1968 in Chester, Cheshire, England. He was brought up in Liverpool and moved to London when he was 16 to join the National Youth Theatre, later landing a spot at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
Daniel's movie career began with The Power of Onein 1992, and he later gained recognition with the hit TV series Our Friends in the North. Later credits included the Sam Mendes movie Road to Perdition, Sylvia, and Enduring Love. He starred in Layer Cakein 2004, a role that got him attention from the Bond films' producers.
After 18 long months of speculation for a successor to Pierce Brosnan, it was announced that he had the role on the HMS President in London on October 14, 2005. Craig admitted he found out that he was playing Bond in a Baltimore Supermarket. Barbra Broccoli called him and simply said "Over to you, kiddo!". He then reportedly got drunk.
The choice of Craig was controversial when announced in 2005, and many initially didn't agree with the producers, although Sean Connery, Pierce Brosnan, Roger Moore and Timothy Dalton publicly supported the decision. Despite some doubts at first, Craig's performance as the super-agent in Casino Royale earned him critical acclaim from critics and many fans alike.
- BOND: (after killing Dryden) "Yes, considerably." (Casino Royale)
- BOND: "Three measures of gordons, one of vodka, half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shaken over ice and add a thin slice of lemon." (Casino Royale)
- (Bond sits down) LE CHIFFRE: "You changed your shirt, Mr. Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire..."
- BOND: "A little. But I won't consider myself to be in any trouble until I start weeping blood." (Casino Royale)
- BOND (after narrowly escaping death from poison): "Oh, I'm sorry. That last hand, nearly killed me." (Casino Royale)
- BOND (being tortured): "I've got a little itch, down there. Would you mind?" (Le Chiffre whips him again)
BOND: "No! No! No! No! To the right! To the right!" (Le Chiffre whips him again)
BOND: "Aaghh! Yes! Aarrgh! Yes! Yes! Yes. Now the whole world's gonna know that you died scratching my balls!" (Casino Royale)
- BOND: "Excuse me?" (dumps an unconscious Camille in mans arms) "Thank you. She's seasick." (Quantum of Solace)
- BOND (into QUANTUM earpiece): "Can I offer an opinion? I really think you people should find a better place to meet." (Quantum of Solace)
- BOND: "I never left". (Quantum of Solace)
- BOND: "007 reporting for duty."
M: "Where the Hell have you been?"
BOND: "Enjoying death."
- SEVERINE: "How much do you know about fear?"
BOND: "All there is."
SEVERINE: "Not like this, not like him!"
- BOND: "Everybody needs a hobby."
SILVA: "So what's yours?"
Life besides Bond:
Latest page update: made by DaltonCraigRules
, Apr 11 2015, 5:04 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by DaltonCraigRules
1 word added
1 word deleted
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.