Sign in or
Col. Jacques Bouvar
|Other Bond Villains | Bio | Pics & Clips|
Boo-va (see Trivia below)
Appears in: Thunderball
- Rose Alba (female)
- Bob Simmons (male)
Attempted methods of killing Bond:
- throwing a dagger
- throwing furniture at him
- using a poker to beat him
How he is dispatched:
007 breaks his neck with a fire poker
- To successfully fake his own death by posing as his own widow
- To kill Bond
How plans were foiled:
Bouvar makes the mistake of opening the door for himself when getting out of a car, disguised as his widow.
007: "Madame, I've come to offer my sincere condoleances. (Bond punches him) My dear Col. Bouvar, you shouldn't have opened that car door by yourself!"
- There's a bit of discrepancy on WHO Col. Boitier is. In the credits, he's listed as Col. Boitier (which would be pronounced "Bwa-tee-ay"). On the soundtrack, his name is said as it would be if it was spelled "Bouvoir." In addition, Sean Connery uses his first name "Jed," while Blofeld calls him "Jacques" in announcing his death ("by an unknown assassin") at the SPECTRE "board" meeting.
- Chalk it up to the blisteringly fast post-production of "Thunderball," which produced different versions (with alternate music cues), some dodgy dubbing, and more than a few continuity errors.
- He was played by Bob Simmons, the main stuntman of the earlier Bond films.
Latest page update: made by DaltonCraigRules
, Nov 22 2012, 8:11 AM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by DaltonCraigRules
1 word added
1 word deleted
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|Anonymous||Sorry ... Just noticed this mistake ...||1||Sep 24 2010, 5:27 PM EDT by DaltonCraigRules|
Thread started: Jan 16 2009, 11:45 AM EST Watch
Indeed there is no mention of a '' Boitier '' in the movie ..only the widow is called this way in the credits , BTW it's Jacques - Bouvar - a quite popular name in France ...
Do you find this valuable?
|Anonymous||JACQUES BOITIER||1||Mar 5 2009, 4:26 AM EST by spywholuvsu|
Showing 2 of 2 threads for this page