Sign in or
|BMW Z3 | Other Bond Cars | Other Bond Vehicles | Villianous Vehicles|
Though the car is a beauty, it is seen very little throughout the film. The BMW Z3 was used by Bond in Cuba, during the hunt for Alec Trevelyan's Cuba HQ. The car can be seen notably in the drive along the dirt road in Cuba. Bond and Natalya are seen inside.
Jack Wade's plan soon landed, and Bond and Natalya swap vehicle with Wade. The car is not seen further. Which was a good thing, as Pierce can not drive stick well and it was. A fact that later was painfully clear to Aston Martin when they had to make a one off Automatic Vanquish car for him in the next film they came back in on. And they gave him but he bought it, the first production one off the line after that picture. So he prompted for the rest of us Aston to make one then.
Specifications: James Bond GoldenEye Atlanta Blue Met E36/7
- Engine size:Debate arises in weather it had since it was a BMW prototype car.
- Up-till 1995 1.8L 8V M43B18 116Hp 124Tq motor
- Up-till 1995 1.9L 8V M43B19 117Hp 133Tq motor
- After 1995 1.9L 16V M44B19 138Hp 133Tq motor (which was the 1996 production Z3 eng)
- Engine type: In-line 4 only one available till the 1998 M52B25/28 2.5/2.8L In-line 6 intro in Z3's
- Built in SC, USA Plant once 1996 Z3 was in production
- Self-destruct system
- stinger missiles located behind the headlights
- remote control
- Q's usual refinements
- CIA agent Jack Wade is only one of few of Bond's friends who are allowed to drive one of Q's contraptions. We see Jack driving off with Bond's Z3 when he drops off a Cessna 172 for Bond to use.
- Pierce received a complimentary BMW 850 CSi for his efforts to promote the BMW Z3 on Goldeneye. Weeks after receiving the car, he was caught by the police for going 193 Kph (123 mph)! Using his 'spy powers', he told the officer about the Dam jump on Goldeneye, and was off with a 'Warning'. If only we regs could tell the officers of our troubles...
Latest page update: made by SirKnight61
, Feb 10 2011, 4:59 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
adding and cleaing up data
3 words added
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|Anonymous||Check your sources....||4||Feb 27 2011, 1:53 PM EST by SirKnight61|
Thread started: Mar 15 2010, 3:44 PM EDT Watch
The BMW Z3 was first launched in the spring of 1996 as a 1.9L, 138 bhp, 4 cyclinder. The 6 cyclinder wasn't introduced until 1997 and was a 2.8L with 190bhp.
This I know because I own a 1997 1.9L in Atlanta Blue, affectionately known as James Bond blue!
Frederick A. Bianco
Hunt Valley, MD
Showing 1 of 1 threads for this page