Sign in or
Aston Martin DBS V12
|Aston Martin DBS v12 | Other Bond Cars | Other Bond Vehicles | Villianous Vehicles|
The DBS V12 is an upgraded, limited production version of the standard Aston Martin DB9 series. In the words of Aston Martin CEO Ulrich Bez, the DBS is intended to be a more luxurious, usable and refined counterpart to the Porsche 911 GT3. And according to chief designer Marek Reichman, the DBS is perfect for Bond because "it is just like him; like a boxer in a Hugo Boss suit, classy and elegant, but also muscular and dangerous."
- 6.0 Liter V12
- 420 lb-ft of Torque
- 3750 lbs
- Carbon fiber composite and aluminium alloy panels, mounted on patented VH modular aluminium alloy chassis structure
- The DBS in Casino Royale is relatively stripped down by Bond standards. It houses secret compartments for Bond's Walther P99, an emergency medical kit which includes a digital satellite link to MI6 HQ, antidotes to various poisons, and a small defibrillator. The producers of Casino Royale were either going to pick the Jaguar XXR or the DBS. Fortunately, it turned out to be the DBS. There are no visible gadgets on the DBS which appeared in Quantum of Solace.
- In 'Casino Royale', the scene where Bond goes after Vesper when she is kidnapped from the hotel in Montenegro required a spectacular car wreck when Bond swerves to avoid a bound Vesper lying in the middle of the road. But the superior handling and suspension of the DBS made rolling the car too difficult to perform the stunt without assistance. Equipment was used to lift one side of the car off the ground in order to start the series of rolls during the crash. The car rolled seven times total, a record for a stunt at the time.
- In a shout out to earlier Bond cars, a 1964 Aston Martin made an appearance in 'Casino Royale' when Bond wins it at a poker game with Alex Dimetrios, the mastermind behind the terrorist attack at the Miami/Dade Airport. Continuity critics have noted that this is the way that Ian Fleming originally wrote that Bond acquired the car that shows up in other movies; particularly the Brosnan movie cameos, as his personal car. But since the rights to 'Casino Royale' were locked up with another production company it wasn't until 2006 that the film could be shot. This was completely out of the order that Fleming wrote the stories.
- The Bond Museum has the DBS V12 from 'Quantum of Solace' complete with damage and the missing door. They are currently negotiating to obtain the vehicle used in the wreck in 'Casino Royale'.
- If your curious about why you can't remember the scene in Quantum of Solace where Bond drives this car into the lake as shown in the picture below it's because that scene never took place. The car was driven into Lake Guarda in Italy by an over-zealous stunt driver (who likely doesn't get much work as a stunt driver anymore as a result).
DBS v12 interior
Soaked in lake water during the filming of Quantum of Solace.
Latest page update: made by DaltonCraigRules
, Nov 1 2012, 12:33 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by DaltonCraigRules
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|Mr_Univers||Baddest Bond Car or chase scene (page: 1 2)||25||Sep 23 2010, 12:21 AM EDT by Anonymous|
Thread started: Jun 4 2010, 12:44 AM EDT Watch
Greetings. I have taken the liberty of updating the fate of many of the Bond vehicles. Most of them are at a Museum in England and can be viewed on their website along with many other Bond memorabilia. One actually disappeared under mysterious circumstances and has never been found. What's your favourite Bond car or chase scene?
2 out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?
|Wadsy||Nice Bond car||1||Sep 21 2010, 11:37 AM EDT by DaltonCraigRules|
Thread started: Jun 23 2010, 4:10 PM EDT Watch
I loved this one. This car, featured on the Daniel Craig films classified the new James Bond. May have lacked gadgets but it was a Bond car after all, and worthy of being one, unlike the one used on Die Another Day. Although I prefer all the old Aston Martin Bond vehicles prior to Die Another Day, this one worked out quite well.
|Anonymous||Aston Martin Wedding Cars||1||Oct 29 2009, 5:44 PM EDT by Anonymous|
Thread started: May 3 2009, 11:12 AM EDT Watch
Anyone getting married can have an Aston Martin for the whole day for next to nothing.. well when I say next to nothing it's really cheap compared to an outright hire of an Aston.
http://www.astonmartinweddingcarhire.co.uk does a DB7 for the whole day for less than £500 and if you get married on a private estate you might get to actually drive it yourself! I did... what a thrill.
Hope this helps anyone getting married in the UK. (north west area only I think)
5 out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?
Keyword tags: None (edit keyword tags)
Showing 3 of 10 threads for this page - view all