Sign in or
Angels of Death
|Bond Girl Home | Bio | Pics & Clips|
Click EasyEdit to add what you know about this babe and the actress who portrayed her.
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
- Ruby Bartlett: Angela Scoular
- Nancy (Hungarian Girl): Catherine Schell (as Catherine Von Schell)
- A Hungarian actress whose father was originally a baron, she became more notable in the mid-1970s for her work both in the film The Return of the Pink Panther and the TV series Space:1999 (particularly as the shapeshifter Maya in season 2), as well as various guest starring roles on shows such as Doctor Who.
- Helen (Scandinavian Girl): Julie Ege
- Both notable as Miss Norway and a Penthouse Pet, she is most noted for work on two Hammer films: Creatures the World Forgot and The Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires.
- Chinese Girl: Mona Chong
- Jamaican Girl: Sylvana Henriques
- American Girl: Sally Sheridan (as Dana Sheridan)
- English Girl: Joanna Lumley
- One of the earliest roles for this actress, Lumley would have a more distinguished career after being a Bond Girl, becoming a major TV star in shows such as The New Avengers (alongside Patrick Macnee, fufilling a role as a female partner as defined by Honor Blackman and OHMSS co-star Diana Rigg), Sapphire and Steel, and Absolutely Fabulous.
- Indian Girl: Zaheera (as Zara)
- Australian Girl: Anouska Hempel (as Anoushka Hempel)
- Though with a film career for a short time, she is more well known as a hotelier and designer, ranked in 2002 by Architectual Design magazine as one of the top 100 interior design decorators in the world.
- German Girl: Ingrid Back (as Ingrit Back)
- Israeli Girl: Helena Ronee
- Irish Girl: Jenny Hanley
- Appearing in various TV and film roles, she is most well known as a hostess of the children's TV series Magpie for a period between 1974 & 1980.
Who they are:
- Twelve girls among many recruited by representative Irma Bunt due to holding specific allergies. Though believing they would be cured by the institute run by the "Marquis de Beauchamp", it is all a scam created by SPECTRE leader Ernst Stavro Blofeld to brainwash them into becoming sleeper agents who would distribute a virus that would ultimately destroy the fertility of all plants and animals in the desired locations upon return.
How they meet Bond:
- Bond, disguised as a heraldry agent, blends in with the girls as a means to get close enough to Blofeld to find out his scheme and stop it. Though he seems to become friendly with all of them, the only ones he really gets to know better are Ruby and Nancy (though with potential interest in the Chinese girl as well).
- One particular similarity of every Angel of Death is that they are all knitting the very moment Bond first meets them at the Piz Gloria. The idea of the girls all doing a similar activity was a combined idea of Angela Scoular and Joanna Lumley to show they were active in something as opposed to just sitting around waiting for Bond.
Latest page update: made by timlandia
, Oct 27 2011, 11:13 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by timlandia
2 words deleted
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.