My name: Arrow, Green-Arrow.
The first Bond film I ever saw was For Your Eyes Only
, on broadcast TV in 1983. In short order I also saw From Russia With Love
, The Spy Who Loved Me
, and Diamonds Are Forever
... and was hooked for life.
The first Bond film I saw in the theater was The Living Daylights
, although I remember for some reason the theater omitted the gunbarrel and teaser sequence (blasphemy!) leaving me quite perplexed and unfulfilled.
So far I have read four of the Ian Fleming Bond novels: Casino Royale, From Russia With Love,
all of which I thought were excellent; and Live and Let Die,
which I thought was horrible.My ranking of the Bond films
(the top 5 and bottom 5 rarely change – the middle 13 change all the time):
|Where I stand on all the important stuff...|
My least favorite
|Bond Actor||Sean Connery||George Lazenby|
|Bond Film||From Russia With Love||Moonraker|
|Bond Girl||Teresa Di Vicenzo||Stacey Sutton|
|Villain||Emilio Largo||Elliot Carver|
|Bond Theme||"A View to a Kill"||"Licence to Kill"|
|Title Sequence||Casino Royale||Licence to Kill|
|Pre-Title Sequence||The Spy Who Loved Me||Live and Let Die|
My 20 Favorite Bond Moments
- Bond enjoys mint juleps on the patio with Goldfinger while they pleasantly discuss the details of Operation Grand Slam.
- The Citroen switchback chase in For Your Eyes Only.
- Bond's fight with Oddjob in Fort Knox in Goldfinger.
- The pre-title ski chase (and score) from The Spy Who Loved Me.
- Bond visits Largo's estate and does some skeet shooting in Thunderball.
- Bond wears a tuxedo under his wetsuit in Goldfinger.
- Bond kills Professor Dent in Dr. No. ("You've had your six.")
- Bond's fight with Grant in the train compartment in From Russia With Love.
- The entire Lotus Esprit chase (in and out of the water) in The Spy Who Loved Me.
- All of the "faceless" Blofeld scenes in From Russia With Love, Thunderball, and You Only Live Twice.
- The tanker chase in Licence To Kill.
- Bond finds Tanya waiting for him in his bridal suite in From Russia With Love.
- The Leningrad tank chase in GoldenEye.
- The bobsled chase in On Her Majesty's Secret Service.
- The entire pre-title sequence from GoldenEye.
- Bond and XXX tangle with Jaws amid the Egyptian ruins in The Spy Who Loved Me.
- Every scene with Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd in Diamonds Are Forever.
- Bond dispatches Locque in For Your Eyes Only.
- The frozen-lake car battle between Bond and Zao in Die Another Day.
- Any scene in which Bond plays Baccarat (and not Texas Hold Em).